MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sort by prefix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Feature Suggestion/Enhancement: Threads should be sortable by prefix.

When prefixes are used to categorize threads, threads should be sortable by prefix.
(2015-06-13, 09:33 PM)Amaryllion Wrote: [ -> ]1) Empty entries for selectable profile fields are needed.
There is no possibility to deselect an optional profilefield, because there ist no possibility to create an empty entry.

2) Mycode in profile fields should be parsed also in memberlist.
The profile fields are available in the memberlist. So every mycode in profile fields should be parsed there aswell.

3) Threads should be sortable by prefix.
When prefixes are used to categorize threads, threads should be sortable by prefix.

the mybb team wants 1 suggestion per thread so the suggestions don't get lost in the mix.

that said, I agree with #3. it'd be great if the thread prefixes were clickable to make the system show all of the threads within that section with the same thread prefix, similar to what xenforo does.
(2015-06-13, 09:33 PM)Amaryllion Wrote: [ -> ]3) Threads should be sortable by prefix.

This option is currently available already. It might be a setting that you have to turn on (I can't remember), but there is currently an option to sort threads in a forum by prefix at the bottom of the forum display template.

I like the idea of having clickable thread prefixes that would show you all of the ones in that forum with the same prefix.

Edit: Just checked. You can see the sortable prefixes at the bottom of the thread listing in this forum. It's the last one next to all the other sort options.
(2015-06-13, 09:38 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]the mybb team wants 1 suggestion per thread so the suggestions don't get lost in the mix.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I edited and will split concerns.
(2015-06-13, 09:54 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Just checked. You can see the sortable prefixes at the bottom of the thread listing in this forum. It's the last one next to all the other sort options.

Means, you can filter prefixes. But you can't sort the threads by prefix. (: I would like to sort all threads by prefix. This is interesting e.g. for read-only information sections. You can group the types of information by prefix.
If you install Xthreads (very big plugin for that though) then you can sort thread prefixes by ID. Not text.
Yes, and if I edit the php and the language file I can sort by prefix ID, too. But I would like to sort alphabetically (it looks a bit strange if there is no sort logic visible for the user) and I think this should be core, because I just want to sort by something, that is visible in the thread list.
And I do not want to install a big plugin that deals with the look of threads itself.
Sorting alphabetically would be a killer on the DB. It might be an idea to have a display order field (like on the forums) and add that to the thread prefixes in core.
I see. A left join to the prefix tables is a hell of a performance killer? What a pity.

An order field would help then, if there is no other possibility, yes. And the sorting itself, too - without having to edit php files or install huge plugins that have this feature as a side effect...
Its not the left join that is the issue - its a left join and then using a textstring.
Pages: 1 2