MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB... again....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I know there are already like ten threads about conversion from phpBB, but I'm not exactly clear on it. I just downloaded MyBB 1.2.3, the latest release, and have it running alongside phpBB so that my members can test it out with me. I want to convert phpBB to MyBB 1.2.3. I'm not a hundred percent clear on how to do this. Please help!
Yes you can do it. There is an unoffical mod in this forums as a sticky. There is also in beta a MERGE SYSTEM but I don't believe it's a public beta yet. However the script works fairly well if you follow the instructions.
If you want to try out the beta on a "test" copy of your forums, you should contact Tikitiki or Chris Boulton and ask for access to the merge beta.
Please don't contact us for beta testing the merge system as we will just ignore you. If you want to join it, you can post here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16366