MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum sorting by thread prefix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if I sort a forum section by thread prefix in ascending order, shouldn't it display them by their prefix from A-Z?
Nope, Ascending is when it starts low and ends high. Descending is when it starts high and ends low.
(2015-06-15, 07:41 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, Ascending is when it starts low and ends high. Descending is when it starts high and ends low.

what does that mean for thread prefixes then?
Sorry forget that. Yes, you are correct that's how it should be displayed.
ok, on my forum, I have prefixes set up with the following letters:
B
D
K
S

but they're sorted in this order, even though the forum sort order is for thread prefixes, ascending:
B
K
S
D

is this a bug in mybb?
Could be, I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see how it looks. Can you post the actual prefixes (their full details) so I can debug easier?
(2015-06-15, 10:02 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Could be, I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see how it looks. Can you post the actual prefixes (their full details) so I can debug easier?

sure, the ones being used right now are:
Barrister & Mann
Deluxe Shaving Company
Krampert's Finest
Soap Smooth

as leefish pointed out to me, it looks like the thread prefixes are being sorted based on their pid.  if that is the case, then it doesn't really matter what you name the thread prefix if one was created before the other.  this should get fixed IMHO.

edit: this looks like it might be an xthreads thing to me. sad that it's not core.
I'll take a look just in case after work.
(2015-06-16, 06:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take a look just in case after work.

It does look like it's an xthreads thing. I checked for that option on a forum without xthreads and it wasn't available.

this should be a core feature and sortable either by a-z or z-a, IMHO.
yes, by default MyBB do not support sorting by Prefix... but we can filter by Prefix...

btw, what does this do: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...#L475-L495  Huh
Pages: 1 2