MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderators can edit Forum Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's my suggestion, "The moderators can edit the forum rules" (the forum rules of the forum that themselves can moderate), thanks Smile sorry for my bad english.
(2015-06-16, 12:17 AM)aguadulce Wrote: [ -> ]That's my suggestion, "The moderators can edit the forum rules" (the forum rules of the forum that themselves can moderate), thanks Smile sorry for my bad english.

are the forum rules a thread, a help document, a custom page...how are they posted?
(2015-06-16, 03:51 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-16, 12:17 AM)aguadulce Wrote: [ -> ]That's my suggestion, "The moderators can edit the forum rules" (the forum rules of the forum that themselves can moderate), thanks Smile sorry for my bad english.

are the forum rules a thread, a help document, a custom page...how are they posted?

Think he means something like this

[Image: 82c72e1e66b86d47f6d46e0df8f15740.png]
(2015-06-16, 03:51 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]are the forum rules a thread, a help document, a custom page...how are they posted?

[attachment=34461][attachment=34462]
This would be a nice option to have to allow this.

I could easily see multiple different types of sites use this.

Especially sites based around multiple videogames... So like the moderators could update each rule section for their respective section without having to go through the admin. This way if like one needed a rule about no Call of Duty mods that contained aimbots and another in a Fallout section needed a rule about no mods that contained infinite VATS they could each add them. Or in cases where they wanted to use the rule section to show off current streams or update with new tournaments or things like that...
(2015-06-18, 03:52 AM)VirusZero Wrote: [ -> ]This would be a nice option to have to allow this.

I could easily see multiple different types of sites use this.

Especially sites based around multiple videogames... So like the moderators could update each rule section for their respective section without having to go through the admin. This way if like one needed a rule about no Call of Duty mods that contained aimbots and another in a Fallout section needed a rule about no mods that contained infinite VATS they could each add them. Or in cases where they wanted to use the rule section to show off current streams or update with new tournaments or things like that...

Yes, i need that job for the moderators, not for me (administrator)
It seems to me that something like this is very suited to moderator roles or other people appointed by an administrator for similar things, since those people are probably there to enforce rules and maintain order in their respective sections.

Perhaps "Can edit forum rules?" as a permission for each forum?
(2015-08-19, 04:29 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps "Can edit forum rules?" as a permission for each forum?

yes, or a global setting for the current moderator of each forum can edit it.
(sorry for my bad english)
so....? Smile
YOU CAN put it in the ModCP.....Allow them to create forums or just duplicate the parent forums with standard settings, change title and description and set the rules
Pages: 1 2