MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Version of PCRE is not compiled with PCRE_UTF8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When clicking on a thread, every user sees a large string of errors that spans for a very long time, followed by the thread itself. I am not quite sure what it means, so hopefully somebody here can help me.
Here is what it displays:
Quote:Warning: Compilation failed: this version of PCRE is not compiled with PCRE_UTF8 support at offset 141420280 in domain/user/directory/forum/inc/class_parser.php on line 323

It then repeats that exact text maybe twenty times. It doesn't seem to effect the performance of things, however there is a lot of scrolling involved which is not at all thrilling.

Just in case it helps, it did not work change in Firefox, IE, or Opera.

It's not extremely urgent to solve immediately because I'm not quite done with the layout anyway, but a hastefull reply would be appreciated. Thank you!Smile
I read some cases on other sites where users had reinstall PCRE. Not sure ..but i recommend contact your server admin.
So the Perl Compatible stuff would have to be reinstalled on the server completely? Or that's what other sites did? Probably best I just contact my server admin, like you suggested.
Thank you!
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
Oh, so it is an issue with the code and not my installation? Thank goodness.
Actually it's not - that code fixes some other issues with UTF-8 in posts. It's a lose-lose situation.
Actually, Chris and I have never been able to replicate how the u modifier has fixed anything. It made several much more severe issues and was warranted removed.