MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use editor from MyBB 1.6 in MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't get really any responses as of yet in this topic http://community.mybb.com/thread-171641.html maybe because it may be a bit overwheliming in the things I'm asking... so I'm curious if it's possible to instead just replace the 1.8 jquery (WYSIWYG and Source Mode) editor with the editor used in 1.6.

I loved customizing the editor and using the Preview to preview my reply without trying to figure out how to see custom BB Codes be displayed in the WYSIWYG editor or dealing with it being selected every time I hit Preview. =)

The new editor is pretty useful and looks great! I'm sure it is very useful for many newcomers and people who are okay with the BB Codes they got, but for those who love adding more BB Codes/MyCodes or want to customize the editors it's a bit overwhelming since a lot of us can't read jquery or understand how to display, for example, custom fonts (@font-face CSS) or BB Codes we have created in that editor. Undecided I'm all about customizing and love searching for plugins or using custom fields + PHP plugin to make my own things, but I would really love using the old editor if possible, or at least know how custom things like [img=flip], custom fonts, and more would work with the new editor. =O
Bump. Would like to see this.
bump, anyone fix this?
Use Ckeditor ! Ckeditor has as many plugins and configurable options as MyBB has plugins.