MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Your forum does not contain an Administration set..."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Full error: Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack.

Cause: /english folder permission sets to 666
Solution: /english folder permission sets to 766
(2015-06-17, 04:47 PM)XP Mai Wrote: [ -> ]Full error: Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack.

I think you can best start your ftp client and find the folder /inc/languages/english and /inc/languages/english/admin of your forum. It is dependent on the ftp client used, but perhaps you can start info on this folder and change permissions to 766.

Did you change the permissions of other folders according to the installation guideline?

chmod 666 inc/config.php inc/settings.php
chmod 777 cache/ cache/themes/ uploads/ uploads/avatars/
If you are using FileZilla you can right click on a file or directory and click File Attributes to modify the permissions of that file.
With Cyberduck right click the file, choose info and the permissions tab.
(2015-06-17, 05:58 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-17, 04:47 PM)XP Mai Wrote: [ -> ]Full error: Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack.

I think you can best start your ftp client and find the folder /inc/languages/english and /inc/languages/english/admin of your forum. It is dependent on the ftp client used, but perhaps you can start info on this folder and change permissions to 766.

I don't understand what you said, but I think you're saying the same thing as me: change the permissions to 766

(2015-06-17, 05:58 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the permissions of other folders according to the installation guideline?

chmod 666 inc/config.php inc/settings.php
chmod 777 cache/ cache/themes/ uploads/ uploads/avatars/

Yes.

I think I roughly understood what you meant, perhaps you thought that the details of this post was copied and pasted because I didn't know what's the solution.

If yes, then no. I'm reporting the bug, the documentation is misleading.
Bugs are not reported in General Support, which no doubt created Ad's understandable confusion. Please create a thread in the appropriate forum.