MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Browsing This Thread Not Working Properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My users browsing this thread only shows the user account that is logged in on that thread.

It does not show guests or other users.

What might be wrong?
First check that you have this option on. You can check this by going ACP->Config->Showthread Settings and making sure Users Browsing Threads is on. If it is on, then ACP->Templates & Style->Templates->Your Theme. Go to the showthread template and make sure {$usersbrowsing} is in the template where you would like it to be displayed.
Also, are you sure there are invisible users and/or guests. Because for 0 invisiblea and 0 guests nothing is diplayed.
(2015-06-17, 07:32 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Also, are you sure there are invisible users and/or guests. Because for 0 invisiblea and 0 guests nothing is diplayed.

When I visit as a guest, I see one guest browsing.

When I visit from multiple computers to the same thread or multiple networks, I only see one guest browsing.

The same goes for when i'm logged in as a user.

It only shows the current logged in user as browsing his thread.

Please see here:

http://popfn.com/showthread.php?tid=67

(2015-06-17, 07:22 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]First check that you have this option on.  You can check this by going ACP->Config->Showthread Settings and making sure Users Browsing Threads is on.  If it is on, then ACP->Templates & Style->Templates->Your Theme.  Go to the showthread template and make sure {$usersbrowsing} is in the template where you would like it to be displayed.

It's all there. It's the actual counts and users that are not correct. It always ONLY shows as if YOU are the only person visiting he thread.
It's marked as solved, so not sure if you still need help. But in case someone else wonders - if you are viewing a page from 100 computers with the same IP, it will show you as 1 person because that's how the session system works - it deletes sessions with the same IP before inserting a new one: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...n.php#L485 And "Users Browsing" reads data from sessions.
(2015-06-22, 11:49 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]It's marked as  solved, so not sure if you still need help. But in case someone else wonders - if you are viewing a page from 100 computers with the same IP, it will show you as 1 person because that's how the session system works - it deletes sessions with the same IP before inserting a new one: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...n.php#L485 And "Users Browsing" reads data from sessions.

Thank you.

It's just so strange because even when I know other users are in the thread, it rarely shows them in the thread at the same time as me.

Also, I was browsing the threads in my tests from different IP addresses, and different accounts. It still showed me as the only one in the thread. On either account. Only the user that was signed in showed up.

our forum is popfn.com
If it helps, I visited your site as a guest and I saw 8 guests browsing. Try looking at the who is online, see where all the users are and then go see how many show on the thread they are viewing.
You need this in the showthread_usersbrowsing template

<br />
<span class="smalltext">{$lang->users_browsing_thread} {$onlinemembers}{$onlinesep}{$invisonline}{$onlinesep2}{$guestsonline}</span>
<br />
Is there a way to edit the time threshold for User's Browsing this thread?

Maybe it works differently than what I see in Vbulletin.
The same timecut is used as for who's online, which is set in:

AdminCP -> Configuration -> Who's online
Pages: 1 2