MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread spammers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had plenty of spammers on my forum, spamming threads. I hate deleted all the threads, how do i avoid spammers? and how do i easly delete all threads from 1 person?

Any recommended plugins aswell?
Effective usage of Security Questions can help curb spammers... you can also enable Stop Forum Spam and Recaptcha for better results...

if a spammer gets through amidst all, you have the Purge Spammer tool to delete all traces of him (including all posts) in one click...

and all of these are part of the Core MyBB system and doesnt need any plugins.. you can find them at ACP >> Configuration
And I'd suggest to use required approvals plugin so that new users posts can be put in moderation queue (it works on MyBB 1.8.x)
Hi,

I achieved this by creating a members group and then restricting permissions in the registered group.  You can then control how many posts per day in the registered group and moderate threads and posts in the registered group.  Then create a promotion from registered to member group with a post count of 5 (or whatever you like).

This will also allow you to use the following plugins on the registered group only.

Add captcha to posts
Limit Number of Threads
personally I find that using a free service like cloudflare or incapsula to do a pretty good job at cutting down a large amount of spam.