MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB merge guest username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Using the merge system between 2 MyBB forums 1.8.5, for posts, usernames used by visitors without an account is converted into "Guest" username.
The username used by the visitor shouldn't be kept during the merging support ? Is there a condition to obtain the visitor username during the merging ?

I'm trying to merge a joomla website converted to MyBB manually, so maybe I forget to defined a parameter for such posts. The uid associated to posts made by a visitor seems to be equal to "0".

Thanks in advance.
this might help
Thanks, it works Smile
That pr is already part of the merge system. Also it only fixes issues with phpbb and not with mybb...
In the merge/boards/mybb/posts.php file there is this line :
$insert_data['username'] = $this->get_import->username($data['uid']);

Last merge system that is available to download.

I have changed this to:
$insert_data['username'] = $this->get_import->username($data['uid'], $data['username']);

And I also made the modification in merge/resources/class_cache_handler.php

I mentionned in my post I'm merging 2 MyBB forum 1.8.5 and there is one of this two forums which is a conversion from joomla. In my case, it also solves the problem: it wasn't importing the guest username before and now it does, so it seems that this modification can help people even of they are not using phpbb. I did not check if the other usernames are well imported, so I hope everything else went fine after this modification and that is not worse ^^.
(2015-06-18, 12:37 PM)OldDuck Wrote: [ -> ]And I also made the modification in merge/resources/class_cache_handler.php

And as I mentioned in that PR that change will cause other issues Wink Probably not with MyBB <-> MyBB but definitly with other boards.

But yeah, there was a similar issue with MyBB which I've fixed today. However the line should be
$insert_data['username'] = $this->get_import->username($data['uid'], $data['username']);
Otherwise all posts will be guest posts and won't link to the users profile anymore!
Ok, I did not all understand what was told for these modifications. I'm not used to this diff notification system ^^".

I will try tonight without doing the second modification.

(For the other line, I've edited my post, a too fast c/c from me, so I think there isn't any problem for that.)

It works with only the first modification.

Thanks again for your help Smile