MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb and ftp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically i bought hosting and I used softous software to install mybb 1.8.5 and now I am trying to use filezilla to install the mods.

1. Upload everything from upload folder to your forum root (where index.php, forumdisplay.php etc. are located).

I am not quite sure where these folders are located at on filezilla

(I am connected) just dont know where it would be at
in general, root folder can be public_html or www or htdocs
When you are logged in with Filezilla, the root is the location when the external site is set equal to /
What do you mean?

When I first sign onto filezilla i see...........

.cagafs
.cl.selector.
.cpanel
.htpassword
.softalous
.access-logs
.etc
.mail
.public_ftp
.public_html
.tmp
.www (shows short cut sign on it)

and then just files after the folders
^ click on public_html - what do you get ?
Perhaps dependent on hosts. I do not see the files starting with a dot. except ..

Anyway, it depends where you want your forum. Obviously what you show is the root folder. When you copy all upload files and folders to there, your forum can simply be reached by yourdomainname.ext for users and yourdomainname.ext/admin for logging in your admin control panel (where ext is the domain extension like com or org etc)
But when you run different sites from your domain, you must create a special folder e.g. named forum in your root directery and copy the complete contents of your upload folder to that forum folder. In that case users can reach your forum by yourdomainname.ext/forum and you the admin login by yourdomainname.ext/forum/admin.
I see..........

cgi-bin
mybb

I am using hostcheap.com + softalous
^ click on public_html & provide screenshot