MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Could not connect to the database server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: lHElDKS.png]

Can someone please help? Ive checked like 10 times to see if the information is correct.
Have you made sure you gave the database user access to the database? You might also try putting localhost for Database Server Hostname.
(2015-06-18, 09:13 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made sure you gave the database user access to the database?  You might also try putting localhost for Database Server Hostname.

I have the same problem.  Command line login works without issue both locally and from a remote machine using bin/mysql -u <username> -p -h <hostname>  

server# /usr/local/bin/mysql -u padmin -p -h <real-hostname-here>
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 21
Server version: 5.6.25 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>

However no matter what I put into the myBB web installer it returns the "could not connect..." error on the database configuration page.  I own the server, no phpmyadmin or c-panel.  So one question would be, what command is the installer using to try to attach to the server?
(2015-07-16, 01:17 AM)joepekoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 09:13 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made sure you gave the database user access to the database?  You might also try putting localhost for Database Server Hostname.

I have the same problem.  Command line login works without issue both locally and from a remote machine using bin/mysql -u <username> -p -h <hostname>  

server# /usr/local/bin/mysql -u padmin -p -h <real-hostname-here>
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 21
Server version: 5.6.25 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>

However no matter what I put into the myBB web installer it returns the "could not connect..." error on the database configuration page.  I own the server, no phpmyadmin or c-panel.  So one question would be, what command is the installer using to try to attach to the server?

I recommend you make a separate thread for your issue.

However, if you can use the correct username and password to that database, i recommend you look at your /inc/config.php and ensure you are specifying localhost so that it knows where to go to so query that database with the credentials you have supplied