MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My admin account can't load any threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm not exactly sure how to describe this issue but I'm going to try my best. Please ask me any questions that I can answer to help resolve this issue.

Basically, my admin account, which is the one that created the forum, is unable to load any threads on desktop browsers. I've tried using my Windows machine on various different browsers and my Mac on Safari which are all unable to load threads. In addition, I can't access any forum section - only the home page. I'm not getting any MyBB errors but rather I'm getting a connection reset error from my browsers. My other admin, who has the exact same privileges as me, is unaffected. He's able to view and post on the forum like normally. I have tried creating a new user account and posting and that works as well. This is only affecting my account. Now, I also have TapaTalk installed on my forum and I'm able to access, post and view threads using the app on my phone. I have tried clearing my cache, logging out and logging back in to fix the issue but to no avail.

I am currently running the latest 1.8.5 update.

Please help me fix this! This is getting very frustrating!

Thanks!
-Wallou

-Edit-
I forgot to say: I can access the admin panel. It's only threads and forum sections I can't access.
so if you log out of your admin account you can see everything ok?
(2015-06-19, 10:18 AM)darkloki99 Wrote: [ -> ]so if you log out of your admin account you can see everything ok?

Yes
In phpMyAdmin look at the rows in the users table for you and your collegue to see whether there are differences (do a query for usergroup=4, then the rows are above each other).
(2015-06-19, 03:15 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]In phpMyAdmin look at the rows in the users table for you and your collegue to see whether there are differences (do a query for usergroup=4, then the rows are above each other).

Here are the differences:
  • display group
  • allow notices
  • dateformat
  • timeformat
  • timezone
  • dst correction
  • buddy list
  • pm folders
  • referrals
  • regip
  • lastip
  • time online
  • total pm's
  • thanks
  • thanks post

The only thing I would see as a potential would be display group (possibly?). I've changed display group to match my other admin's. However, I'm still having the same issues as before.
You can run AdminCP, do you? Then uninstall all installed plugins, and try again.
(2015-06-19, 08:28 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]You can run AdminCP, do you? Then uninstall all installed plugins, and try again.

Still the same :\
Bump. Can anyone think of a solution?
I would think that this requires a somewhat more drastic approach.
  1. Set the user ID op superadmin in inc/config.php to that of yout colleague;
  2. Let him remove your account and create a new admin account for you;
  3. Set the super admin ID in inc/config.php to your newly created user ID.
Alternative:
  1. Create a new admin account;
  2. Set the super admin ID in inc/config.php to the newly created user ID;
  3. Login with your new admin account and delete the old one.
Succes!
(2015-06-22, 01:02 AM)Wallou Wrote: [ -> ]Bump. Can anyone think of a solution?

You can PM me the affected forum link and your account to check it.
Pages: 1 2