MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB3 > MyBB Merge Fatal Error: Uncaught exception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
^ my apologies. using try is not a mistake .. I've wasted your time on it ..
(2015-06-22, 04:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ my apologies. using try is not a mistake .. I've wasted your time on it ..

Well, your heart was in the right place.  Smile

Later: Mea culpa! I looked at the code some more and found that I had done some bad copying and pasting.

I was able to run the merge to completion, but it looks like virtually nothing was accomplished. The old system had been up for a number of years and has a bunch of users and plenty of posts. Here is part of the merge report:

Quote:The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of phpBB 3:
User Groups:       0
Users:             1
Forums:            2
Forum Permissions: 4
Moderators:        0
Threads:           1
Attachments:       0
Polls:             0
Poll Votes:        0
Private Messages:  0
Settings:          23

Errors
------
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:
None

Lane
Hmm, I can't find anything wrong in your first post. Are you sure the file was uploaded correctly and completly before you've run the merge system?
Hey, Jones! Please see the reply I was composing while you were writing yours.

Lane
Have you selected the correct database? As mentioned I hadn't any issues and imported over 10k of users with your database.
(2015-06-22, 05:37 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Have you selected the correct database? As mentioned I hadn't any issues and imported over 10k of users with your database.

There's only one phpBB3 database on the server account. I looked at it with phpmyadmin and saw 47 users and only 1 post! I may not have been looking it right, but maybe something bad happened to the old system.

It does seem like the 47 users should have been imported. Only two are listed; they were added when MyBB was installed.

Later: I looked at the 47 usernames, and they're all bots! I don't know what's going on.

If you imported >10K of users, that sounds very wrong. The board isn't that popular.

I can't get hold of the board administrator, so I can't check things right now. I can't even log on to the old board.

I'll post more when I know more.

Lane
OK, at least part of the mystery is solved. It turned out there were two sets of tables in the database, and I had selected the wrong one.  Confused

This time I got a lot of stuff merged... well, I thought so, but now when I load the board, it doesn't show the merged stuff. It just shows the two posts I created before the merge. Here is part of the merge report:

Quote:The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of phpBB 3:
User Groups:       2
Users:             10,936
Forums:            103
Forum Permissions: 412
Moderators:        2
Threads:           492
Attachments:       18
Polls:             22
Poll Votes:        105
Private Messages:  73
Settings:          23

Errors
------
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:
None
The admin section shows that the users (about 10K of them are bots) were imported, but nothing else. Here is the admin report:

Quote:MyBB Version 1.8.5 Threads 2 Threads
0 New Today
0 Unapproved
PHP Version 5.3.26 Posts 2 Posts
0 New Today
0 Unapproved
0 Reported Posts (Don't know why this doesn't show my two)
0 Unread Reports
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.6.16 Users 10,939 Registered Users
10,747 Active Users
87 Registrations Today
0 Awaiting Activation

Lane
Have you run the recount and rebuild tools in the ACP and rebuild the caches?
[quote pid='1165722' dateline='1435148682']
  1. Jones HHave you run the recount and rebuild tools in the ACP and rebuild the caches?
[/quote]

My bad. I had failed to do that. Now I've run all the R&R tools successfully, and I told the Cache Manager to Rebuild and Reload All. The admin home now shows this:

Quote:MyBB Version 1.8.5 Threads 494 Threads
0 New Today
0 Unapproved
PHP Version 5.3.26 Posts 2,444 Posts
0 New Today
0 Unapproved
0 Reported Posts
0 Unread Reports
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.6.16 Users 10,939 Registered Users
10,747 Active Users
86 Registrations Today
10,693 Awaiting Activation

Looks good... but the actual board still shows only the two posts! I cleared my browser history to no effect.

Lane
Your main forums are forums, which can't be displayed by MyBB. You need to go to your ACP -> Forums and either change them to categories (which may not always work as some of them contain threads) or create a new parent category. That's one of the issues I mentioned before:

(2015-06-20, 09:50 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ][...] you'll see some other issues as your database contains some old values which aren't considered (eg most accounts were unapproved or your forums didn't have a parent category).
Pages: 1 2 3