MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to give MOD access to user with him being part of mod team? Reason for this is i already have 2 moderators and I was thinking if its possible to add mod rights to a team leader from another group...

I have moderator group and service group I want service group leader to have full mod rights but doesnt show on moderators group on forum team...
(2015-06-20, 02:59 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]I have moderator group and service group I want service group leader to have full mod rights but doesnt show on moderators group on forum team...

Make a new team with mod rights, but which is not shown in forumteam.
(2015-06-20, 03:06 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-20, 02:59 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]I have moderator group and service group I want service group leader to have full mod rights but doesnt show on moderators group on forum team...

Make a new team with mod rights, but which is not shown in forumteam.

This looks good thanks.... I shall give it a try,
Just make the service group leader's "Secondary user group" as moderator... let the display group be his primary user group... he will now have mod powers but not shown in show team as his primary group is different...
(2015-06-20, 04:04 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Just make the service group leader's "Secondary user group" as moderator... let the display group be his primary user group... he will now have mod powers but not shown in show team as his primary group is different...

OK, that's making use of a bug in showteam, where additional groups do not cobntribute to showteam.

I forgot that because I made a plugin to correct that. In the present situation members can be member of more than one showteam groups, but only the one of his primary usergroup will be shown.
(2015-06-20, 04:17 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]OK, that's making use of a bug in showteam, where additional groups do not cobntribute to showteam.

I forgot that because I made a plugin to correct that. In the present situation members can be member of more than one showteam groups, but only the one of his primary usergroup will be shown.

Bug??? if a member's primary user group is not part of showteam, and his secondary user group is moderator, and his display group set as primary user group, he will not be shown in showteam...isn't that how it works... isn't that how it should work... it's works that way in 1.6 as well...
I keep calling it a bug, because as it is now you can be member of more than 1 showteamgroup, but this will only be shown for your primary usergroup because showteam groups in additional usergroups are not recognized as such.
See the example I worked out (which is the situation in my forum) in the link I gave in my previous message.

And when it works the same way as in 1.6, what does that prove? Just that it is a persistent bug? Big Grin
(2015-06-20, 04:04 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Just make the service group leader's "Secondary user group" as moderator... let the display group be his primary user group... he will now have mod powers but not shown in show team as his primary group is different...

I tried that before, but it does show if you click on moderators group on index then it shows there also.
(2015-06-21, 09:42 AM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that before, but it does show if you click on moderators group on index then it shows there also.

it wouldnt show on a default mybb install... maybe one of your plugin... btw, how do you click it.. is that clickable to you??
(2015-06-21, 09:51 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-21, 09:42 AM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that before, but it does show if you click on moderators group on index then it shows there also.

it wouldnt show on a default mybb install... maybe one of your plugin... btw, how do you click it.. is that clickable to you??

yes it is clickable as I'm using plugin and it is part of plugin that u can see team in each group by clicking