MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I cannot type in Japanese with MyCode on the message editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello to all.

I am using MyBB 1.8.5.
I am not able to explain my situation very well because of my English.
Anyway, I will write in detail about this issue as much as I can.

I've realized this error just now that I cannot keep typing in Japanese with MyCode on the message editor.
The typing in English has no problem with it.
My problem is the characters of Japanese I typed are disappeared automatically when I converted HIRAGANA to KATAKANA or KANJI(Chinese Characters). Also, the cursor position moves to the left of Japanese characters I typed after converting the word in Japanese. 
I am not able to type Japanese whatever I want with the Mycode on the message editor.
It's really really really unuseful for me because it takes long time to type sentence in Japanese and I have to move the cursor position to the right by myself after typing every single word. It makes me crazy....

I tested both default theme and my using theme and I got a same result from them.
How do I fix this error? Any suggestions and Any idea are always welcome. Thanks in advance.

[Image: 6bMRmo7.gif]
wow your editing skills with gifs are nice what program do you use for that ? (sorry for non thread related post)
(2015-06-20, 09:50 PM)SomeYouKnow Wrote: [ -> ]wow your editing skills with gifs are nice what program do you use for that ? (sorry for non thread related post)

hahaha it's not my skills. All thanks to the following free program.
Here you are.
http://www.cockos.com/licecap/

This is very easy to use.
Do you have the same problem here? http://www.sceditor.com/
(2015-06-22, 07:31 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the same problem here? http://www.sceditor.com/

Thank you for your reply.
Nope, I can type anything I want on that site.
I think this issue only appears with the sceditor for MyBB version.
What's your board URL? Do you see any error in browser's console after the bug happens?
(2015-06-22, 08:38 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]What's your board URL? Do you see any error in browser's console after the bug happens?

I have this error not only on my forum.
I am not able to type in Japanese here as my forum.
Well, to browse the web I usually use Chrome so I didn't make sure I have same error in other browser until you said.
I checked it in Firefox, I did not see any problem I had in Chrome.
I wonder why problem like this are happening.
My error is occured by Chrome? What should I do to use in Chrome as Firefox for my forum?
Thanks.
(2015-06-22, 09:51 PM)bbbs Wrote: [ -> ]What should I do to use in Chrome as Firefox for my forum?

I don't really understand your question. You can't use one browser in another browser.

You didn't answer my question too - is there any error in Chrome's console? Right click -> Inspect element -> Console to open the console -> type the mentioned Japanese words in editor and check if anything appeared in the browser's console. If yes, please paste it here.
(2015-06-22, 10:25 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-22, 09:51 PM)bbbs Wrote: [ -> ]What should I do to use in Chrome as Firefox for my forum?

I don't really understand your question. You can't use one browser in another browser.

I mean I don't want to say "Do not use in Chrome browser on my forum" to my users.
I would like my user to use any browser they want.
In short, I want to figure out what the cause of my issue.

(2015-06-22, 10:25 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't answer my question too - is there any error in Chrome's console? Right click -> Inspect element -> Console to open the console -> type the mentioned Japanese words in editor and check if anything appeared in the browser's console. If yes, please paste it here.

It's my bad, I have no idea about browser's console so I didn't understand what you want to know.
Now I've got what am I supposed to do.
Here is the error I got in Chrome's console.

Uncaught ReferenceError: ああああ is not defined
    at <anonymous>:2:1
    at Object.InjectedScript._evaluateOn (<anonymous>:895:140)
    at Object.InjectedScript._evaluateAndWrap (<anonymous>:828:34)
    at Object.InjectedScript.evaluate (<anonymous>:694:21)
That's interesting. Please provide (copy here) the words you're trying to type so that we can test. Also, what's the box with "tab" at the bottom in your .gif which appears when you're typing? Is it displayed in FF too?
Pages: 1 2