MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8] Respond, a responsive mobile-ready Bootstrap theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Mod CP is complete
As I see no image buttons, I believe it will be other languages-friendly, right?
(2015-06-26, 03:47 PM)luiz.schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]As I see no image buttons, I believe it will be other languages-friendly, right?

Yes, it will be multilingual-friendly. Actually, as I was going through the templates, there is only one place where I had to add in a static statement, and that was in the Mod CP edit profile.

Registration complete

Moderation templates are complete and the demo is live here. I'm going to begin preparing for the first release.
I just added some previews of Bootstrap themes you can use with Respond. If you have another Bootstrap theme in mind and you'd like to see it live on the demo, just ask.
(2015-06-26, 04:40 PM)Marc A Wrote: [ -> ]Moderation templates are complete and the demo is live here. I'm going to begin preparing for the first release.

Thanks for the demo. I'd like to see some subforums tree. My forum has geographically-based subforums (+200 forums in 4 levels), so it's important to be easy to navigate.

Also, aren't the swipe left/right for thread pages inverted? I'd expect to swipe left to see what's "to the right of" the current page (i.e. the next page).
(2015-06-29, 03:01 PM)luiz.schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-26, 04:40 PM)Marc A Wrote: [ -> ]Moderation templates are complete and the demo is live here. I'm going to begin preparing for the first release.

Thanks for the demo. I'd like to see some subforums tree. My forum has geographically-based subforums (+200 forums in 4 levels), so it's important to be easy to navigate.

Also, aren't the swipe left/right for thread pages inverted? I'd expect to swipe left to see what's "to the right of" the current page (i.e. the next page).

No problem. By subforums tree, do you mean just a list of forums and subforums similar to the forum jump menu near the bottom? Where should this subforum tree be, in the nav as a dropdown menu, or somewhere else, like a slide-out side menu? I think this is something I can add at no additional cost, but I'd like to know more about what exactly you want. What do you think?

I really want a side slideout menu (instead of a collapsing one), but Bootstrap doesn't have anything like that in its framework, and for theme compatibility, I am really trying to keep to the Bootstrap framework, at least for now.

Yes, I agree that the swipe is inverted and it has been fixed. I am looking into adding some sort of swipe animation so that the swiping is more intuitive. What do you think?

Actually, a subforum tree may be possible on the forumdisplay_threadlist and showthread pages (basically anywhere where the forum jump menu can be displayed), but I don't think it's possible on the main forumdisplay page without a plugin/core file modification.
I confess I never noticed the forum jump menu Big Grin I think that works, but a slideout with cascading subforums would be gorgeous.

Cascading (such as this http://demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla/...wnmenu.jpg) would be useful in forums with big forum trees because in the Forum Jump dropdown you need to scroll through all the subforums to get where you want.

Swipe animation would definitely make it more intuitive.
Jump menu needs to be activated from the Admin CP.

To accomplish something like this on the main forumdisplay page will require either:
  • a plugin
  • core file modification
  • or JavaScript with custom AJAX request

Also, that image in your post is blank for me.

@luiz.schmidt check out the demo, I was able to add a forum subtree to the navbar using JavaScript alone. The first click opens the submenu, while the second click will follow the link. Let me know what you think.

[Image: 6EobNaBl.png] [Image: zKc93p3l.png]
not sure if its only me but modal login doesnt let type user or password
heres a screen how it looks to me
using chrome
http://i.imgur.com/f9i6KJI.png
(2015-06-30, 06:35 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if its only me but modal login doesnt let type user or password
heres a screen how it looks to me
using chrome
http://i.imgur.com/f9i6KJI.png

Well that was an interesting side effect of the new navbar. It has been fixed. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9