MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8] Respond, a responsive mobile-ready Bootstrap theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Worked, got it, thanks!
Today I'm reporting an issue with the dynamic scale of images in posts with Firefox and its fix. The thing is that myBB does normally do automatically scale down embedded pictures in posts if the width is way too large.

This worked for me in Google Chrome, but not in Firefox. The reason why? Because "max-width: 100%;" was being used. This CSS parameter does only work in Chrome that way, but reportedly not in Firefox.

The solution: I changed the definition of img-responsive in the Bootstrap CSS like this:

.img-responsive
{
   display: table;
   table-layout: fixed;
   width: 100%;
}

And after that I changed the postbit Template in line 28 to this:

<div class="post_body scaleimages img-responsive" id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="word-break:break-word; word-wrap:break-all;">

Works now almost like intended with one quirk: the downscale of images works perfectly, but if an image is smaller than the post width it also gets upscaled by now. Normally not an issue for me, because the images my folks do post are normally quite wide, but you should be aware about it.
I am interested in this but notice there are no live previews available in the original post which has me concerned about purchasing. Is there an expected date when these will be active again?

Thank you.
(2016-01-19, 07:26 AM)SeattleDavid Wrote: [ -> ]I am interested in this but notice there are no live previews available in the original post which has me concerned about purchasing. Is there an expected date when these will be active again?

Thank you.

Thank you for your interest. The live preview is back online and available here. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to post them here.
Thank you Marc!
Please note that this is a fresh installation of MyBB and that the compatible plugins have not been installed yet.
(2016-01-17, 10:32 PM)knarfology Wrote: [ -> ]Today I'm reporting an issue with the dynamic scale of images in posts with Firefox and its fix. The thing is that myBB does normally do automatically scale down embedded pictures in posts if the width is way too large.

This worked for me in Google Chrome, but not in Firefox. The reason why? Because "max-width: 100%;" was being used. This CSS parameter does only work in Chrome that way, but reportedly not in Firefox.

The solution: I changed the definition of img-responsive in the Bootstrap CSS like this:

.img-responsive
{
   display: table;
   table-layout: fixed;
   width: 100%;
}

And after that I changed the postbit Template in line 28 to this:

<div class="post_body scaleimages img-responsive" id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="word-break:break-word; word-wrap:break-all;">

Works now almost like intended with one quirk: the downscale of images works perfectly, but if an image is smaller than the post width it also gets upscaled by now. Normally not an issue for me, because the images my folks do post are normally quite wide, but you should be aware about it.

Thanks for posting this. This is a known issue with Firefox and the fix has it's own issues, as you've already pointed out. Only JavaScript can solve this problem without enlarging small images and affecting other browsers. Should I write a JavaScript fix?
You mean by using JQuery for scaling it or something like that? It would be convenient, I guess.
Hi interested in buying the theme, do you after sale support ?
I mean, i'm new user for Mybb forum, so might need some assistance in customization of the theme .

Thanks.
(2016-02-19, 05:24 PM)manis11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi interested in buying the theme, do you after sale support ?
I mean, i'm new user for Mybb forum, so might need some assistance in customization of the theme .

Thanks.

Thanks for your interest in Respond. I provide limited support with purchase, including setup, bug fixes and minor customizations (i.e. customizations that only require a few lines of code). Can you describe exactly how you would like to customization Respond?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9