MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Make more stable MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I have small request please make mybb 2.0, right now if want to upgrade mybb software so we to download and upload to the server please remove this option, please provide a feature like one click complete upgrade of board software and also plug-in this will kickoff the plug-in errors also because I already upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8 and I'm facing huge issues for some problems solved but some aren't
what does your request have to do with making mybb 2.0 more stable?
1. make upgrade option is easy one click upgrade option, like WordPress including plugins also make same option, this will reduce help Forum owners to easy to use
2. Some of your plug-ins are developed for 1.6 only that's not supporting 1.8 some of plug-in, in this 2.0 please update all your plug-ins so this will, help to new bb owners to run there board easily
3 . Please add a inbuilt ad publishing option as well as page building feature also this page builder feature was using major cms software also, I will share more features list later.
(2015-06-22, 02:28 AM)vikili Wrote: [ -> ]1. make upgrade option is easy one click upgrade option,  like WordPress including plugins also make same option, this will reduce help Forum owners to easy to use
2.  Some of your plug-ins are developed for 1.6 only that's not supporting 1.8  some of plug-in,                        in this 2.0 please update all your plug-ins so this will, help to new bb owners to run there board easily
3 . Please add a inbuilt ad publishing option as well as page building feature also this page builder feature was using major cms software also,   I will share more features list later.

nothing you wrote has anything to do with making mybb more stable. I've been using mybb since 1.2...it's pretty stable.

1- that would be ideal, and I'm sure it's something the mybb team is going to look at
2- a lot of plugins are made by private individuals, not the mybb team
3- better as a plugin. not everyone runs ads on their site.
Can you provide me complete plug-ins, I have developer he will help me to update once update I will share the latest version

(2015-06-22, 04:53 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-22, 02:28 AM)vikili Wrote: [ -> ]1. make upgrade option is easy one click upgrade option,  like WordPress including plugins also make same option, this will reduce help Forum owners to easy to use
2.  Some of your plug-ins are developed for 1.6 only that's not supporting 1.8  some of plug-in,                        in this 2.0 please update all your plug-ins so this will, help to new bb owners to run there board easily
3 . Please add a inbuilt ad publishing option as well as page building feature also this page builder feature was using major cms software also,   I will share more features list later.

nothing you wrote has anything to do with making touupdate more stable.  been using mybb since 1.2...it's pretty stable.

1- that would be ideal, and I'm sure it's something the mybb team is going to look at
2- a lot of plugins are made by private individuals, not the mybb team
3- better as a plugin.  not everyone runs ads on their site.
This is just my opinion.

1) Probably not going to happen. It is a security risk to allow files to be modified without the use of FTP since it requires giving them writing permission. If there is any kind of hole where PHP code could be executed, unlimited damage could occur.

2) As Andrew said, most plugins are written by private individuals.
I forgot to mention please upload mybb 2.0 to cdnjs.com it's a free it's provides case, js and php file onthere server this will reduce website slow loading issue, this may be helpful for forum owners
(2015-06-22, 03:27 PM)vikili Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to mention please upload mybb 2.0 to cdnjs.com it's a free it's provides case, js and php file onthere server this will reduce website slow loading issue, this may be helpful for forum owners

MyBB 2.0 is a PHP web application, not something that is appropriate to serve over CDN. Of course, 2.0 will ship with JS and CSS files, which individual forum owners can choose to route through a CDN with relative ease (CloudFlare, CloudFront) but it is not likely to be something that MyBB does for its JS and CSS, makes releasing new versions quite a complex task.
(2015-06-22, 02:28 AM)vikili Wrote: [ -> ]3 . Please add a inbuilt ad publishing option as well as page building feature also this page builder feature was using major cms software also,   I will share more features list later.

As for #3, check the sticky announcement at the top of this forum.

http://community.mybb.com/announcement-34.html
How Many peoples are using Portal Option
Pages: 1 2 3