MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updated Templates question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1. If the blog post announcement mentions that there are theme changes, then perform the following:

1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.
    2. You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see aDiff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

If I have edited a template, when I update the forum apparently I running the old template until I update it by hand. Yet there are a squillion templates in my updated template list. I swear I didn't edit THAT many templates. And they are for every theme, including themes I haven't customized. 
  • Do I have to analyze each of these Updated Templates? 
  • Will ignoring them place my forum at risk?
  • Is there a faster way of of managing them all at once (Revert All), or 
  • Do I have to click on Revert, and Yes, i really want to do this for every one?

If there is a nice doc I have overlooked that explains all this, please point me to it. 

Thanks!
if your forum is upgraded from MyBB 1.6.x then there are a lot of templates to modify.
if you revert all the templates then theme might look like stock theme of MyBB !

there is no simple method. it might be better to install & use a compatible theme for MyBB 1.8.x

you can try this method => basic theme updating (1.6 - 1.8)
Thank you .m. 

I updated to 1.8 soon after it came out.  I have mostly 1.8 themes installed from the MyBB Mods site. The only 1.6 theme is gomobile and I edited that to work with 1.8.

This probably happened when I went from 1.8.3 through .4 and .5. and wasn't on the ball about it all. I know I never touched most of those templates, too. 

Good to know that it is just slow going. I will scratch my head over this a bit. 

Quote:if you revert all the templates then theme might look like stock theme of MyBB !

Um, does this mean I can't just revert the templates I haven't modded? 

I've also noticed some of the themes I use have been updated since I installed them. 
--> Would it help to install the updated themes first, or will that just make it worse?

Thank you again. Your expertise is much appreciated.
which themes actually you are using ..
Mostly iAndrew's 1point8-6, rush, and duende. All from the Mods site, all new themes made for 1.8. Oh, and Orion Mobile, which also has a ton of Updated templates, and I never touched one single one.
oh! those themes do have many changes. IMO, you do not have to worry about updated templates in them!
if you install new versions of the themes then you have to deactivate & reactivate most of the plugins (one by one)

if you need direct help and if you can wait for a few hours then
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check
(2015-06-22, 06:09 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]oh! those themes do have many changes. IMO, you do not have to worry about updated templates in them!
if you install new versions of the themes then you have to deactivate & reactivate most of the plugins (one by one)

if you need direct help and if you can wait for a few hours then
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check

Thank you! That is very kind.

I just don't want to screw anything up too badly ; ). And I have very few plugins. 

I will PM you access as soon as I post this. I have plenty of hours--I will be driving all day tomorrow. This is a concern, but the drive is bigger ; ). I will check in here a couple of times during the day, but no rush. 

Thank you again for checking.