MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: contact us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
when people contact us thru the contact us in the bottom of the board we don't get the message we only get the sender name and ip address what's the problem please
which version of MyBB exactly you are using ? tested it just now on MyBB 1.8.5 and mail received with its content

can we have your forum url & the plugins you have in activated status (however plugins might not be the cause)
im having 1.8.5 rtl version my board is www.nodjoom.com
about plugins i have a lot of them
check contact template - does it contain {$mybb->input['message']} (around line 21) ?
<textarea cols="50" rows="10" name="message" class="textarea" >{$mybb->input['message']}</textarea>
you tried to contact us we only got this

Forum: [email protected]
IP: 0

yes sir it does have it

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->contact}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<form action="contact.php" method="post">
	<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
	{$errors}
	<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
		<tr>
		<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->contact}</strong></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
		<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->contact_subject}:</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->contact_subject_desc}</span></td>
		<td class="trow1"><input type="text" name="subject" class="textbox" size="49" value="{$mybb->input['subject']}" /></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
		<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->contact_message}:</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->contact_message_desc}</span></td>
		<td class="trow2"><textarea cols="50" rows="10" name="message" class="textarea" >{$mybb->input['message']}</textarea></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
		<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->contact_email}:</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->contact_email_desc}</span></td>
		<td class="trow1"><input type="text" name="email" class="textbox" size="49" value="{$mybb->input['email']}" /></td>
		</tr>
		{$captcha}
	</table>
	<br />
	<div align="center">
		<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->contact_send}" />
	</div>
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

i switched my board to english and LTR them default them tried to send a message everything worked fine
i think some thing is wrong in my RTL theme
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. post the result here
check this

File Verification: Found Problems
File	                                         Status
images/tcat.png                          	Changed
index.php	                                Changed
(2015-06-22, 05:14 PM)ridharezzag Wrote: [ -> ]i switched my board to english and LTR them default them tried to send a message everything worked fine

No, the problem is most likely in your language pack. Which one are you using? Go to ACP ->Configuration -> Languages -> Options next to [your lang] -> Edit with English. Then find contact.lang.php and check if everything is ok next to it (no warning icon). If there is a warning icon, translate the missing string.
(2015-06-22, 06:36 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-22, 05:14 PM)ridharezzag Wrote: [ -> ]i switched my board to english and LTR them default them tried to send a message everything worked fine

No, the problem is most likely in your language pack. Which one are you using? Go to ACP ->Configuration -> Languages -> Options next to [your lang] -> Edit with English. Then find contact.lang.php and check if everything is ok next to it (no warning icon). If there is a warning icon, translate the missing string.

firstly thank you mr .m. for help
and thanks a lot mr Destroy666 i found couple mistakes on the file and idid as you told me and its fixed now thank you even i use to have other problems like when i get a new message in the board the alert don't lead me to the new message when i click on it but now it works fine thanks i have other mistakes ill try to fix them now too. great respect for u Cool