MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting replies in threads doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB Version: 1.8.5
PHP Version: 5.3
Forum: www.centaurilegion.net
(the website is in development, and there is no navigation menu. that shouldn't be a problem, as the forums are the homepage)

My problem is that whenever I post a thread and then write a reply to it, the thread just gets changed to whatever my reply was. For example, if I have a thread in which all I type is "1", if I write a reply that says "2" it will not reply to the thread, and the 1 in the thread will just be made a 2. If a different user tries to reply to a thread, nothing happens and their reply isn't listed. All replies, however, seem to be listed in the "messages in this thread" area.

I am not sure what is causing this, I have not touched many of the templates ever since I freshly installed this just a few days ago. The only templates that have been altered are:

1. footer
2. all header templates
3. member_profile
4. postbit_author_user
5. postbit_classic

There are absolute no other templates that have been altered. The forums are completely fresh and new despite the templates above. I am not sure what is causing this, but I really need help with it. Does anyone know the problem?
All help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
even thread is not loading for me.
check through file manager whether showthread.php file is accessible ..
see required file permissions

looks like your above referred issue is related to thread mode. you might have turned on threaded mode
related guidance => http://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Thread-Display/...inear_Mode
(2015-06-23, 04:41 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]even thread is not loading for me.
check through file manager whether showthread.php file is accessible ..
see required file permissions

looks like your above referred issue is related to thread mode. you might have turned on threaded mode
related guidance => http://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Thread-Display/...inear_Mode

Whenever I select linear mode, it just shows a blank white screen.

I also ran
UPDATE mybb_users SET threadmode = 'linear'
and now it's just a white blank page no matter what.
assuming that you can access forum admin panel without any problem
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version.
(2015-06-23, 05:01 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]assuming that you can access forum admin panel without any problem
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version.

Thank you, I fixed the problem. How can I disable users from selecting their thread mode to prevent this from happening in the future. I'd like all users to be forced to linear mode no matter what.

This would also mean removing the "Thread Modes" option in the thead, here is a screenshot:
http://puu.sh/izWAN/67363d6993.png
see this guidance => How to set all users to the same thread view mode
it might help though it was provided for earlier version of MyBB