MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - Simple Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I'm using MyAlerts on a MyBB 1.8 install, and I have a pretty weird question (with a probably very simple resolution).

I have a little notification number popping up, alerting when you have a new alert. Unfortunately, the plugin will tell you you have 0 unread alerts, thus the unread number is always equal to something on the interface. I find it a bit distracting.

[Image: gu8r9Zc.png]

Any ideas on how to only show that bubble when the unread alerts number is more than 0?

Thanks!
Yes, MyAlerts by default has a CSS class wrapping everything that can tell you if there are any new alerts or not. You could use this to hide the bubble completely.

The CSS class added when there are new alerts is ".alerts--new".
(2015-06-25, 04:51 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, MyAlerts by default has a CSS class wrapping everything that can tell you if there are any new alerts or not. You could use this to hide the bubble completely.

The CSS class added when there are new alerts is ".alerts--new".

Sweet! Thank you Euan!
Hey @Juan, do you know how to change the menu from a pop-up to drop down? I would also like to implement it using this jQuery ui. It looks really nice and I'm eager to try it.
Yes, you just need to modify the templates and the JS. I don't provide any support for doing so though.
(2015-06-29, 06:41 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you just need to modify the templates and the JS. I don't provide any support for doing so though.

Alright, if that's it I'll figure it out. I have no idea how to do either, but at least I know what to edit. Thanks

EDIT: on second thought, looking through the Javascript, this is going to take a while. You have a lot of custom variables in here that I have no idea how to transfer over.
(2015-06-29, 09:40 PM)Fireworks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-29, 06:41 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you just need to modify the templates and the JS. I don't provide any support for doing so though.

Alright, if that's it I'll figure it out. I have no idea how to do either, but at least I know what to edit. Thanks

EDIT: on second thought, looking through the Javascript, this is going to take a while. You have a lot of custom variables in here that I have no idea how to transfer over.

Yea, it's not an easy task. It is possible, but I'd only advise doing it if you know what you're doing as it will also make future upgrades more difficult.
(2015-06-29, 10:04 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, it's not an easy task. It is possible, but I'd only advise doing it if you know what you're doing as it will also make future upgrades more difficult.

There is a Github project for this right? Where I can view the source? Because I'll need to see all the variables and things you've used to make the plugin run.
(2015-06-30, 08:00 PM)Fireworks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-29, 10:04 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, it's not an easy task. It is possible, but I'd only advise doing it if you know what you're doing as it will also make future upgrades more difficult.

There is a Github project for this right? Where I can view the source? Because I'll need to see all the variables and things you've used to make the plugin run.

Sure there is, everything I do is on GitHub: https://github.com/mybbstuff/myalerts