MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.17 Broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just downloaded 1.6.17 because I want to be able to use 1.6 themes without it breaking on 1.8x. I've used MyBB in the past a hundred times and have installed tons of forums for people that need help and have never run into an issue like this one.

I downloaded the 1.6.17 version directly at the bottom of the Download page here on MyBB and uploaded all the files to FileZilla. I installed it at the /install/ page and did everything correctly. Now when I log into the Administrator page and try to navigate the ACP it kicks me to the login screen and says Invalid administration session.

I don't know what the issue could be. I cleared cache, I have my board URL settings the exact same as previous. Nothing is wrong with that. I'm 99% certain it has to do with the files.

EDIT:
I just tried to install 1.6.16 and I got the same issue. Are we like, not allowed to install anything under 1.8 now?
you can install & use any version of MyBB you like.
looks like your IP address is not stable to stay logged in into forum admin panel.

if direct help required, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
you can give your own credentials & change them later
(2015-06-25, 08:03 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can install & use any version of MyBB you like.
looks like your IP address is not stable to stay logged in into forum admin panel.

if direct help required, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
you can give your own credentials & change them later

Hey, m.

I tried multiple times to install any 1.6 versions but they never worked. I went back to install 1.8 and everything works 100% smoothly like they did the first time. I'm running Linux on a 6 - PS3 cluster. I have really fast internet. I'm not so sure it's the stability of my IP.

Problem has been fixed though. I just decided to stick with 1.8. Everything is fine Smile