MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem : Image loads before resizing, and it's ugly to see - Read Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys,
I have a problem with each image of my forum.
I tried to use resizers like : Image Resizer, Fit Image, Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD(the one I'm using)...
But I get also the same problem.

When I open the portal or a thread, the images show before resizer acts, after 2 seconds they resize but before these no, and it's ugly because the page f*cks up and becomes too big.

Here're some Screenshots: 

How it shows before 2 seconds : 
[Image: wcSXkaN.png]
How it should be(and it is after 2 seconds) :
[Image: opLUUxM.png]

In brief : 
I want that the images resize instantly and not after any seconds, and if they can't, I want the images load after the content of a post.

Can you help me?
Thanks
I have more or less the same experience, also with other forumsoftware like vBulletin. So I think this is difficult to avoid.

Two seconds is rather long, which indicate that the connection is quite slow. Since I'm on glassfibre I can hardly see it anymore. But it can also be caused by slow servers of free picture storage sites, like (in the past, is paid now) ImageShack.
This is a normal way, because the javascript is called when the html and pictures are fully loaded.
The only way to avoid that is to have a system downloading the picture and resize it on the server, then display the resulting picture. But the size will be fixed, not relative to the window size.
Do you want to be able to click to open the images or do you just want them to stop breaking the layout?

If you want them to be clickable for large images, get users to put images in a spoiler tag; the image loads inside the spoiler, then when they click the js will have kicked in.

If you dont care about the click to see the full image then you can use css:

.post_body img {max-width:100%;}
(2015-06-26, 03:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want to be able to click to open the images or do you just want them to stop breaking the layout?

If you want them to be clickable for large images, get users to put images in a spoiler tag; the image loads inside the spoiler, then when they click the js will have kicked in.

If you dont care about the click to see the full image then you can use css:

.post_body img {max-width:100%;}

Where to put that code? Global.css?
The plugin will read it?
Global css. No idea if the plugin will read it. Try it Smile
(2015-06-27, 02:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Global css. No idea if the plugin will read it. Try it Smile

I added it into global.css, but nothing changed
Please provide your forum url (preferably a link to a thread with this problem )
(2015-06-27, 11:08 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide your forum url (preferably a link to a thread with this problem )

I can't, I am hosting it in local for nowa
Try deactivating your plugin and just using the css. Beyond that I cannot help you with no url.