MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Paid] Status Update System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I would like a more powerful Status Updates system for MyBB 1.8.5. I'll be willing to pay for it if the cost is right. I have a forum with a million posts and thousands of active users that can test it out immediately as well. Honestly, the best I've seen so far I like is XenForo's.

These are the features I would like:
  • Status updates are tied to your profile page and the entire history is viewable.
  • Status updates can be directly linked to, even if it's on the profile page.
  • Many status updates break up into pages.
  • Overall Status Updates page to have entire history of everyone's.
  • Template call for Status Update so we can put it in our sidebar.
  • Sidebar view shows X number of the most recent Status Updates
  • Users should be able to like and comment on alerts without needing to reload the page.
  • Likes and comments I would like to integrate with MyAlerts 2 to notify the user about it with a clickable link so the person can view it. Bonus points: If you can get @tags to reference people (So-and-so tagged you in Suzy's status update; not neccessary though)
  • Easy delete button for staff & owner of the update.
  • Basic BBcode allowed (for smilies, bold, italic, and links)
  • Links shorten or wrap so it doesn't stretch the box. 

We currently use a very outdated and smashed together Yaldaram's that doesn't work anymore. Yaldaram has been inactive for a year now.
[Image: hOouwm2.png]

We'd like to have a new one created for MyBB 1.8

Any questions feel free to ask.
The closest MyBB has to Yaldaram's 1.6 status plugins is this: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=15

It's a great plugin but the biggest downfall is that statuses cannot be removed by anyone but the author.
I've been meaning to update my MyStatus plugin for a while, and will hopefully get a chance to do so within the next month or two.
(2015-06-26, 04:40 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I've been meaning to update my MyStatus plugin for a while, and will hopefully get a chance to do so within the next month or two.

It would be amazing if you do that with the improvements you wanted plus integrate it with your other greats: SimpleLikes and MyAlerts.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
If anyone's willing to take this up please let me know your price.
-pokes-

Still very interested in this. If you can do this without overloading a CPU core I would love you to death.
(2015-10-11, 10:02 PM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-165271.html

This is amazing and is the closest to what I was looking for!