MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unlock Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed MyBB. It is locked. I've looked a bit and cannot find how to unlock the Forum. Please help.

Thank you

http://traditionalcountrymusicwriters.co.../index.php
What do you mean the forum is locked? The site shows fine for me. Do you mean the category won't accept new posts?
(06-26-2015, 07:15 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean the forum is locked? The site shows fine for me. Do you mean the category won't accept new posts?

At the bottom of the page there are four icons. One says 'Forum is Locked' That icon has an image of a padlock on it.
Yes, those icons just show you which icons would show if the forum is locked. However, you can check the forum is not locked by ACP -> Forums & Posts -> Edit the forum -> Forum is Open? -> Tick that box.
Remove the install folder or place an empty file named "lock" in there. That unlocks your forum.
The message indicates the forum showing the locked icon will be blocked. None of your forums inside the site is locked
(06-26-2015, 08:52 PM)itsmegogo Wrote: [ -> ]The message indicates the forum showing the locked icon will be blocked. None of your forums inside the site is locked

You are completely right. It just shows the icon for locked forums, as for other possible states (with new posts, without new posts and redirected). The actual status of forums is shown by the icon shown most left in the row where forums are defined.