MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: regarding mybb gomobile plugin (theme for mobile devices)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the latest update by google, mobile version of a website is a must.

I have activated mybbgomobile plugin in my forum.

I have some queries.

Kindly have a look.

1. when I use gomobile, for serving a mobile version of forum to users who come to my website through mobile or tablets, will I have to add a separate sitemap for mobile version of the website too? If yes, how to do that?
I really done have any clue.

2. can I put a link on the mobile version of the website, asking users to switch to full version to have a better look at the forum's full version?  suppose, the user searches on a mobile device, then lands on my website, but he will be seeing the mobile version of the website, and then I can put a link there to ask the user to switch to the full version of the website. So user searches from mobile, lands on the mobile version of the website and is shown a link to go to the full version of the wesbite so that the changes that I have made to the templates for the full version are visible to him, i.e. the desktop optimized website. I hope I am making sense. Will it hurt the SEO in any manner?

3. If I make any template changes in the mobile version of the website, will it be seen as duplicate content ? For example, I have some thing written on the index template of forum. So when a user comes to my website, i.e. to the xyx.com/index.php, he sees the text written by me on the index.php page.
Now if I make the same change on mybbgomobile index.php template, will it be seen as duplicate content?

what would be the right way to go about it?

(2015-06-27, 06:53 AM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]Since the latest update by google, mobile version of a website is a must.

I have activated mybbgomobile plugin in my forum.

I have some queries.

Kindly have a look.

1. when I use gomobile, for serving a mobile version of forum to users who come to my website through mobile or tablets, will I have to add a separate sitemap for mobile version of the website too? If yes, how to do that?
I really done have any clue.

2. can I put a link on the mobile version of the website, asking users to switch to full version to have a better look at the forum's full version?  suppose, the user searches on a mobile device, then lands on my website, but he will be seeing the mobile version of the website, and then I can put a link there to ask the user to switch to the full version of the website. So user searches from mobile, lands on the mobile version of the website and is shown a link to go to the full version of the wesbite so that the changes that I have made to the templates for the full version are visible to him, i.e. the desktop optimized website. I hope I am making sense. Will it hurt the SEO in any manner?

3. If I make any template changes in the mobile version of the website, will it be seen as duplicate content ? For example, I have some thing written on the index template of forum. So when a user comes to my website, i.e. to the xyx.com/index.php, he sees the text written by me on the index.php page.
Now if I make the same change on mybbgomobile index.php template, will it be seen as duplicate content?

what would be the right way to go about it?
Go mobile is a theme with a plugin that switches the site over to the mobile theme if a user with a mobile device opens the site.

The user can choose to swap back to the full theme via a link in the footer.

The urls are unchanged, it is the same content, just a different presentation.
(2015-06-27, 07:39 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Go mobile is a theme with a plugin that switches the site over to the mobile theme if a user with a mobile device opens the site.

The user can choose to swap back to the full theme via a link in the footer.

The urls are unchanged, it is the same content, just a different presentation.

hi, thanks for the reply.

I just checked what you told. The urls are unchanged.

Smile

However, if i have written some content in index.php template.
in the desktop version of the site.

like, in the index.php, we see the forums and the various stats associated with it.

I have written some text in it that shows above the forums and the various stats.

when i see the website from mybb gomobile, it doesnt shows the test written in the index.php template and that is understandable since it is modified in default template not in gomobile template, right?

I wanted to know should will adding the same content to index.php template of gomobile will be seen as duplicate content?
(2015-06-27, 07:55 AM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]However, if i have written some content in index.php template.

like, in the index.php, we see the forums and the various stats associated with it.

I have written some text in it that shows above the forums and the various stats.

when i see the website from mybb gomobile, it doesnt shows the test written in the index.php template and that is understandable since it is modified in default template not in gomobile template, right?
Correct

(2015-06-27, 07:55 AM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to know should will adding the same content to index.php template of gomobile will be seen as duplicate content?

No, it wont. It should be identical ; the google bot will see the mobile theme.

No idea why you are being so cagey about the forumurl; but to be honest, if you are not prepared to divulge it even privately to a MyBB staff member then I can only assume that you have something to hide and really should not receive support.
(2015-06-27, 08:26 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-27, 07:55 AM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]However, if i have written some content in index.php template.

Correct

(2015-06-27, 07:55 AM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to know should will adding the same content to index.php template of gomobile will be seen as duplicate content?

No, it wont. It should be identical ; the google bot will see the mobile theme.

No idea why you are being so cagey about the forumurl; but to be honest, if you are not prepared to divulge it even privately to a MyBB staff member then I can only assume that you have something to hide and really should not receive support.

Well, that seems rude.

Does everyone here is required to put up their forum URLs?

As far as I know, we are required to carry mybb credits in forum installs.

User is denied support if they do not carry mybb credits.

Well, you can assume as much as you want, that I can't help you with.

For your help, thanks.

TO hide or to not hide is not an issue. It's my content. 

I can easily make up a new forum if forum URLs are an an issue in denying support.

But then, what you think, is not important to me.

Unless mods here see it as an issue.
I am sorry to seem rude, but it is a lot easier to help you with the url to the forum, and we do have a support policy where some forum types are not supported.

I just want to help you, but you are making it hard.
(2015-06-27, 08:57 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry to seem rude, but it is a lot easier to help you with the url to the forum, and we do have a support policy where some forum types are not supported.

I just want to help you, but you are making it hard.

I have emailed you.

I do appreciate the time that you take to reply.

I am working in something private and if you want, I can

build up a test forum and you can guide me as I asked yesterday too.

But I have decided to go with gomobile for time being.

Kindly check your email .

If you think you can help me with it, I would really 

appreciate it.