MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Sign up & Send Activation E-mail Programmatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched and I couldn't find any concrete information on these, and member.php seems a bit unnecessarily daunting.

Can anyone brief me on how I go about signing a user up with POST ?

Literally I just want to pass the USERNAME, EMAIL, and PASSWORD, and have the rest of the information auto fill.

Then have them get the activation email.

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be really appreciated.
Hello!

Anyone got any advice? This isn't really third party integration, I just want to create a sign up dialog for quicker user sign ups.
Passing the password through an application isn't all too safe. There's a lot of in between space where the password could be intercepted at, in between the application, internet, and your forum. Also, all passwords for myBB are hashed when they enter the Database, so you'll have to convert the text string in the search box into MD5 or Salt, I can't remember which myBB uses.

But generally, so you know, passing registration parameters through an application is probably not the best of ideas.
(2015-07-01, 06:00 AM)Fireworks Wrote: [ -> ]Passing the password through an application isn't all too safe. There's a lot of in between space where the password could be intercepted at, in between the application, internet, and your forum. Also, all passwords for myBB are hashed when they enter the Database, so you'll have to convert the text string in the search box into MD5 or Salt, I can't remember which myBB uses.

But generally, so you know, passing registration parameters through an application is probably not the best of ideas.

Hi, it will be a normal post just like MYBB uses... security would be the same... it would also be on my mybb forum. I just want to make the sign up form a modal dialog.
Bumpy Smile
Take a look at other threads here, e.g.: http://community.mybb.com/thread-164422.html
(2015-07-04, 07:42 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at other threads here, e.g.: http://community.mybb.com/thread-164422.html

Thank you!

Wow, this is a basic insert. Is there a way to initial the activation e-mail though?