MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default editor problem with bbcode bar/codebuttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem:

I have MyBB 1.8.5, it's a new installation.

Well, problem is in Firefox appears the codebuttons/bbcode bar but it doesn't appear in Chrome. I don't know why.

The only thing I know is what Chrome's console shows me (a lot of errors, not in Firefox).

Here is the list of errors:

Quote:Uncaught ReferenceError: lang is not defined newreply.php:33
Uncaught SyntaxError: Duplicate data property in object literal not allowed in strict mode jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js:4
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'plugins' of undefined undo.js:2
Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined mention_codebutton.min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'locale' of undefined newreply.php:405
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'plugins' of undefined bbcodes_sceditor.js:20

As you all can see, there is an error on bbcodes.sceditor.js but how I said in Firefox doesn't appear any error, everything works fine in Firefox. 

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: http://33bits.gamestribune.com

Screenshots:

Firefox

[Image: iXfjCe6.png?1]

Chome

[Image: gsIx8Kw.png]

That's all, if anyone needs to know something more about the problem, just fire away, I'll be here reading all your responses.

Thanks a lot Smile
Please provide a test account to view the reply area Smile
Your headerinclude template is missing the jscripts/general.js file inclusion.
(2015-06-27, 11:28 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide a test account to view the reply area Smile

user: testmybb
pass: test1234

(2015-06-28, 01:13 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Your headerinclude template is missing the jscripts/general.js file inclusion.

Yeah, it was missing, not now, but still having the same problem Sad
I'm using Chrome and I can see the editor. And there's only one error: mention_codebutton.min.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined which is caused by a plugin, which you can try disabling.
(2015-06-28, 01:45 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Chrome and I can see the editor. And there's only one error: mention_codebutton.min.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined which is caused by a plugin, which you can try disabling.

So, why I can't see it?

Could you try using Firefox? There are some users wich presents problems in several browsers. I don't know what to do Sad
as already said, the editor is working fine in Chrome. you can try disabling mention me plugin
(2015-06-28, 02:11 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]as already said, the editor is working fine in Chrome. you can try disabling mention me plugin

Ok, I tried in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Srware Iron and works in all of this browsers.

Mention me plugin is necesary for my forum, I can't disable it xD

Thanks for everything, folks Big Grin
^ jfi: there is an alternate plugin which is compatible with MyBB 1.8.5 - DVZ Mentions
(2015-06-28, 02:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ jfi: there is an alternate plugin which is compatible with MyBB 1.8.5 - DVZ Mentions

I'll give it a try Wink

Thanks again.