MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom MyBB themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think about custom themes; do you make and code your themes or do you take an already made theme and just tweak it a little to your taste.

At this point, I have only edited templates; never made one of my own yet but I plan on it in the future.
every forum owner need not have the required skills to make a custom theme !!
I agree with m, you don't need the theming skills in order to run a forum. Most of my theming skills come from modifying already existing themes to fit my need.
(2015-06-30, 09:47 AM)gphpgl Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about custom themes; do you make and code your themes or do you take an already made theme and just tweak it a little to your taste.

At this point, I have only edited templates; never made one of my own yet but I plan on it in the future.

I prefer custom themes as it helps really set your forum apart from any other mybb site out there.
Custom themes make a site look better at first glance (as long as it looks good), but you can still have a great forum by using a modified version of a public theme.
(2015-06-30, 11:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]every forum owner need not have the required skills to make a custom theme !!

No, just deep pockets.