MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login to myBB administrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I set up a private forum for a condo owners association and they are having a hard time logging in.
I have it hosted on GoDaddy, and in their Plesk control panel I can see the MyBB administrator user name and password, but whenever I try to log in it rejects the password as incorrect. I have clicked the "forgotten password" link but it never sends the reset email to the registered admin which is shown on the control panel. There is a database management section of the godaddy control panel but I have no idea how to find the user names and passwords therein. Am I going to have to start all over or is there some way to get in through the phpMyAdmin web interface?
Thanks for any help you can provide, as godaddy doesn't support any of the third party apps it provides for it's users. Huh
can we have your forum url .. passwords cannot be revealed easily from the database.
however password can be changed through database. see common sql queries guidance
(2015-06-30, 04:11 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url .. passwords cannot be revealed easily from the database.
however password can be changed through database. see common sql queries guidance

Thanks for replying. I don't know which user number is the admin, is there a way to run a users query?
The forum is private, so I'm uncomfortable putting the url and login details on the internet, perhaps I could pm you the details somehow?
^ of course, you can PM me the details.
in general, user id 1 is for the super administrator (who installed the forum)
(2015-06-30, 04:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ of course, you can PM me the details.
in general, user id 1 is for the super administrator (who installed the forum)

I got it sorted, finally got a godaddy tech worth her salt. Thanks for offering to help.