MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having a problem with recent post plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm new to mybb but i know it has an excellent community. Anyway the problem i have is trying to add recent post plugin on the right side of the website.

Here is the website at the moment 

[Image: P7UCBRW.png]

I would like to add something like this.
To the right side of my website, i'm guessing it wouldn't be easy so if anyone with experience i wouldn't mind paying fee.  

[Image: ThoH5ig.png]
Perhaps try this plugin, that is suited for MyBB 1.8.
Ad Bakker, thanks for helping me out. The plugin works nicely.
(2015-07-01, 07:32 AM)Henry147 Wrote: [ -> ]Ad Bakker, thanks for helping me out. The plugin works nicely.

Yes, but when you look good it has 2 errors in it. Look at this post, then you can correct them.
Hello!
I need a pluging for recent post on my index page, please how can you help me with that?
please reply me via mail: <- snip ->
Thanks!
(2015-07-11, 11:36 AM)christbobby Wrote: [ -> ]please reply me via mail

This is a forum, so normal communication is through messages (posts) in discussions (threads). When you do't want to miss an answer in a discussion, subscribe to this discussion through e-mail notification.

You can download the plugin linked in message 2 and make the corrections as mentioned in the link in post 4. When you install this plugin you get a sidebar at your index (start) page with the most recent posts.
how do i install the plugin on my site?
do i have to upload first on my cpanel OR how?

1. Download the plugin zip file to your pc;
  2. Extract the zip files;
  3. Open the Upload folder and upload the files and folders inside that folder to your forum root folder with FTP. When you feel not safe about this, upload the files with FTP one by one to the correct folder of your forum;
  4. Login to ACP and open Plugins from the Quick Access menu (left column);
  5. Install and activate the plugin.