MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest threads displaying incorrect times of post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-07-03, 06:45 AM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually , it doesnt even work from the category itself

No, there it is general that when you click the thread name, it brings you to the first post of the thread. In a thread overview in a forum there is a special link (in the right of the line) which brings you to the last post.

But in the sidebar there is no room for extra links, and above that these are the latests posts, so it is obvious that you want to be brought to the last post.

I have checked your link, and it still links to the first post of the thread. So the change of the source is not correct. Be sure that the lines starting at line 140 of inc/plugins/latestposts.php (when the line number is different, you have another version, please report) look like this:

$templates['index_sidebar_post'] = '<tr>
<td class="trow1 latestpost" valign="top">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/{$lastpostlink}">{$postname}</a></strong><br>
{$lang->latest_post_by} {$lastposterlink} {$latestposttime}
</td>

Except for the last {latestposttime} which can be different for you when you made another correction of this bug then I (this looks good at your forum). Be sure of the change:

href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/{$lastpostlink}"

Then it must be OK.
Moved to Plugin Support.
(2015-07-03, 07:57 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-03, 06:45 AM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually , it doesnt even work from the category itself

No, there it is general that when you click the thread name, it brings you to the first post of the thread. In a thread overview in a forum there is a special link (in the right of the line) which brings you to the last post.

But in the sidebar there is no room for extra links, and above that these are the latests posts, so it is obvious that you want to be brought to the last post.

I have checked your link, and it still links to the first post of the thread. So the change of the source is not correct. Be sure that the lines starting at line 140 of inc/plugins/latestposts.php (when the line number is different, you have another version, please report) look like this:

<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/{$lastpostlink}">{$postname}</a></strong><br>
{$lang->latest_post_by} {$lastposterlink} {$latestposttime}
</td>

Except for the last {latestposttime} which can be different for you when you made another correction of this bug then I (this looks good at your forum). Be sure of the change:

href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/{$lastpostlink}"

Then it must be OK.

Thanks for the help thus far  AD , my latestposts.php from line 140 looks like this .

{$lang->latest_post_by} {$lastposterlink} {$lang->latestposttime}
</td>
</tr>';

So im very sorry but what did you suggest i do to make the last post show up when pressing the thread title from within its category and from the sidebar latest posts? 
Thanks

(2015-07-03, 10:00 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to Plugin Support.

Sorry buddy , wasnt actually sure if the issue was plugin related .
Thankyou for directing it to the correct section
Pages: 1 2