MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I make ignored users threads dissapear as well?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there an option for this? When members ignore making it so that the threads of the ignored person are also gone?
I looked at it, and it is possible for threads listed in forumdisplay. It requires a small core change, but that can be handled by the plugin too.

To let it also work with search operations is somewhat more complicated. I will have to look at that in more detail.
How can I do that? Which plugin?Thanks for your help.
(2015-07-07, 06:59 PM)lookism Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do that? Which plugin?Thanks for your help.

I can make the plugin for doing this for forumdisplay, no problem.

For search results this is much more complicated, and I did not find a solution (yet?)

Do you want a plugin for forumdisplay only?
(2015-07-07, 07:03 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want a plugin for forumdisplay only?

You did not answer the above question!!

I did not find out yet how to handle this for search results.
(2015-07-07, 07:03 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 06:59 PM)lookism Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do that? Which plugin?Thanks for your help.

I can make the plugin for doing this for forumdisplay, no problem.

For search results this is much more complicated, and I did not find a solution (yet?)

Do you want a plugin for forumdisplay only?

Yes, that would be fine for now. Both, however would be optimal. Thanks for your help.
OK, this is the one for forumdisplay. It is the easiest way to do it without core changes, a disadvantege is when you have many ignored members, because their threads still count in the thread count. This means that you get some lesser number of threads per page than set in your UserCP options. This can only be avoided by changes in core .php files, which is not pupular her (although I do that also with a plugin).

Didn't find the time for looking at the search problem yet.
(2015-07-11, 04:42 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]OK, this is the one for forumdisplay. It is the easiest way to do it without core changes, a disadvantege is when you have many ignored members, because their threads still count in the thread count. This means that you get some lesser number of threads per page than set in your UserCP options. This can only be avoided by changes in core .php files, which is not pupular her (although I do that also with a plugin).

Didn't find the time for looking at the search problem yet.

Thanks a lot for the help. It would be great if you could also add it for the search, and also to disable the ignored users thread count.
(2015-07-12, 07:28 PM)lookism Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the help. It would be great if you could also add it for the search, and also to disable the ignored users thread count

I just finished it for search also. Attached the new version.

The user's thread count is stored in the database for that user, and cannot be changed because you have ignored that user.
(2015-07-12, 07:37 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-12, 07:28 PM)lookism Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the help. It would be great if you could also add it for the search, and also to disable the ignored users thread count

I just finished it for search also. Attached the new version.

The user's thread count is stored in the database for that user, and cannot be changed because you have ignored that user.

I can't thank you enough for your swift and good help. Thanks again. 

But I was referring to this you said:

Quote:t core changes, a disadvantege is when you have many ignored members, because their threads still count in the thread count. This means that you get some lesser number of threads per page than set in your UserCP options. This can only be avoided by changes in core .php files, which is not pupular her (although I do that also with a plugin).

What should be changed in the core .php files?
Pages: 1 2