MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Working on] Ratio System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all !
I'm developping a ratio system which will work on MyBB 1.6 & 1.8

Explanations :
The ratio is a number returned by the devision "Threads / Posts". The administrator sets a minimum ratio amount and if the member has a ratio less than this amount, he can't reply to threads and he will be redirected to another page which informs him that. He needs to increase his threads number to get a higher ratio.
Such plugin is a good solution to reduce leech on forums and maybe useful for other stuffs, especially when the forum  runs the hide until reply plugin.

- The administrator can set forums where the members can reply freely and the ratio won't be affected by this forum's posts/threads (useful for some sections, for example : suggestions section, or help section). 
- He can set an infinite ratio to some usergroups (Useful for paid groups for example).
- Ratio won't be affected by replying to own thread, so members can reply to questions on their threads...etc

The plugin is 95% done.
And i'm currently using it for my forum (MyBB 1.6) and it's working fine, for 1.8 there is a small bug with a variable which i will correct easily (i think so :p).
If you have suggestions, just tell me here Wink
Interesting idea, I can see this being useful for certain niche forums where this issue is a problem.
I already done this, bugs are fixed too.
15 days left and the staff of mybb didn't approve yet the plugin in the website. I don't think they want us to contribute to MyBB
Nice i think this is very helpfull for many peoples .
(2015-07-13, 07:52 PM)AmazOuz Wrote: [ -> ]Released : http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=542

plugin broke when you try to activate it gives you a 500 error.
(2017-11-03, 11:20 AM)shadowxss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-13, 07:52 PM)AmazOuz Wrote: [ -> ]Released : http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=542

plugin broke when you try to activate it gives you a 500 error.

Did you try an older build ?