MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modify JS so confirm email and password = not required.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://dankshit.ga/community/member.php?action=register
Custom register page - removed a lot of irrelevant stuff, including input boxes of confirm email and password. How would I modify the JS to make it so it does not display error saying confirm email and confirm password boxes were not done correctly? Help?
I do not understand why you want to get rid of these, because they can avoid a lot of trouble.

I think it requires changes in member.php. I will have a look.

In member.php change line 155 to:

"password2" => $mybb->get_input('password'),

and change line 157 to:

"email2" => $mybb->get_input('email'),

An other option is to delete these lines completely.
(2015-07-02, 08:28 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I do not understand why you want to get rid of these, because they can avoid a lot of trouble.

I think it requires changes in member.php. I will have a look.

In member.php change line 155 to:

"password2" => $mybb->get_input('password'),

and change line 157 to:

"email2" => $mybb->get_input('email'),

An other option is to delete these lines completely.

Okay, it worked, but what about the image verification code? Also, I'm doing this to make registration less of a hassle.
Image verification is gonna be harder to work around, since you can't simply use PHP to direct it's input to the "normal" one like in confirm email and password, right?

Edit: Hmmm. I could just disable the captcha in ACP, but... no. This is gonna be a theme, so can't do that.
(2015-07-02, 05:53 PM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]I could just disable the captcha in ACP, but... no. This is gonna be a theme, so can't do that.

Why not? You are using  a verification question, which is enough. This has nothing to do with a theme, does it? Disabling in ACP is for all themes.
Rather than a core edit, try this plugin file
(2015-07-03, 09:30 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than a core edit, try this plugin file

You may be NOT confused, but I am. You can disable Captcha images in AdminCP, why a plugin then?
Its for the member php to prevent the core edit, it has nothing to do with the captcha as indeed you can disable it in ACP Smile

However, be aware that the ACP captcha disable also disables captcha on the contact form and for guest posts.
(2015-07-03, 09:54 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Its for the member php to prevent the core edit,  it has nothing to do with the captcha as indeed you can disable it in ACP  Smile

OK, I see it after downloading.
Most times I do these kind of things also through plugins. But here on the forum I was sometimes critisized that I made a lot of trouble for small things.
For my own forums I even use a plugin for core changes.
Yea, I try and avoid a core change whenever I can, and if it is inevitable I use the patches plugin as it makes things easier on upgrade Smile
Meh. Ended up disabling it.