MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security question stopped working after change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I've just change my security questions and they are no longer working, it shows a pop up saying "The question you are trying to answer does not exist"

I'm using 1.8.5 it was working fine using two questions but after changing the questions the problem started, I have tried using just one question and going back to one of the old questions but have now had to turn security questions off as none will work.

I think the problem has come about since upgrading from 1.8.4 to 1.8.5 as it was fine before.

Thank You.
Can you have a look at the questions table of your data base through phpMyAdmin, to see whether the questions are correctly stored?
(2015-07-02, 09:10 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Can you have a look at the questions table of your data base through phpMyAdmin, to see whether the questions are correctly stored?

Hello, yes they are there as they should be.
OK, I will do some tests with my forum which was also upgraded from 1.8.4 to 1.8.5.

I have extended the number of questions on my forum to 8, and tried some registrations without problem.

Which plugins do you use?
Hello, sorry for delay in getting back to you.

I thought I would try it again whilst getting a list of plug-ins and it's now working fine.  Huh

I may as well still list the plug-ins just in case:

Awaiting Activation Message
Show Additional Group Images
Edit History Log
Email Admin on Registration
MyCode Plugin: Internal Linking
Move Posts
Profile Picture
Redirect after Registration
Random Thread Link
Spoiler MyCode
Staff Page
Thread Tooltip Preview
View Unread Posts

Thank you anyway for your help, and I don't know why it's now working. Could maybe something to do with the cache on my computer, but all is well now.

Sorry for taking your time.

Smile
(2015-07-04, 08:53 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for taking your time.

No problem, that's part of the game. Glad that it's solved!!!