MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parent Forum Lost After Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Does anyone know in a non technical way for mybb newbie to re-create the parent forum, it seems to be missing now since merge and I don't want to risk doing another db import as everything else seems fine. 

Also for some reason it won't even let me create a top level forum or category unless it has a parent forum.

Many thanks in advance.
(2015-07-02, 12:47 PM)plopzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Also for some reason it won't even let me create a top level forum or category unless it has a parent forum.
That's simply how MyBB works, the first level needs to be a category.

(2015-07-02, 12:47 PM)plopzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know in a non technical way for mybb newbie to re-create the parent forum, it seems to be missing now since merge and I don't want to risk doing another db import as everything else seems fine. 
Is the forum also missing when viewing the forum management page in your ACP? It's likely related to the first issue, the easiest way to fix it then would be to create a new parent category and set your old parent forum as child forum.
Hi, Many thanks, but when I click 'Add New Forum' it won't even let me create a new parent forum or category of any type like you suggested even though it has imported the rest of the forums in fine. At moment I have in my ACP:
{PARENT FORUM (MISSING)}
FORUM1
FORUM2
 CHILD FORUM2.0
FORUM3
 CHILD FORUM3.0
 CHILD FORUM3.1
FORUM4
 CHILD FORUM4.0
 CHILD FORUM4.1
Please format your posts properly, it was unreadable before.

So it shows the category in the ACP?
What's the error when you try to add a new forum? Or is there none? Also have you rebuild the forums cache?