MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help- did anyone get topposts working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello friends

i tried to contact the developer but no luck

i am trying to implement topposts plugin on my forum www.indiachatforum.net

but i am getting same errors that are mentioned in this thread

http://community.mybb.com/thread-139455.html

so just wondering if anyone got it working?

i saw the developers website and it looks great so trying to get it to work on mine

please help
The error message is difficult to read, but as I understand a certain data base column related to the thankyoulike plugin. Do you have this plugin also installed?
In the discussion you linked the complaints do not really stop, although the author says he solved the problem.
Hi Ad,

thanks a lot for responding. I have the thankyou/like plugin installed and activated

so i am not sure if that is causing any issues

let me deactivate it and try
(2015-07-03, 01:49 AM)desiusanet Wrote: [ -> ]let me deactivate it and try

When it goes wrong again, please show the error message in a readable way.
Moved to Plugin Support.
Hi Ad,

I have activated the plugin and changed the position to footer

as you could see it displays the top posts but it doesn't load the images from the threads or the default image that it should display in case there are no images inside the threads

could you pleaase check

thank you
I had a look, but it is difficult to judge. What I can see that for the boxes background pictures are used, like:

http://www.indiachatforum.net/images/top...b_6217.jpg

where the number (6217) varies with the box.
Does the subdirectory  topposts/thumbnails exist, and if so, does it contain files like thumb_6217.jpg (sometimes .jpg and .png are mixed, so look for thumb_6217.jpg)

By the way, did you activate the thanks/like plugin again?
HI, I will have a look on the errors you are having. Sorry for not anwering the initial post before, I haven't logged in in here for a while.

What exactly is the error you are having? A point to clear up is that I haven't updated the plugin hasn't been updated to the latest versions of mybb.

I helped someone to fix the plugin some time ago, I think it was due to the number of parameters of the mysql call...