MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent posts plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a recent posts plugin installed that displays recent posts on the index page. However, I want mine to display in the header. 

I found a solution where you can change the hook to "global_start" instead of "index_end" which allowed it to display in the header, BUT that solution caused all forums in the Navigation pane to not show up. So now, when I'm looking at a thread on one of my forums, I just see: forumname > > thread name. 

If I change the hook back to index_end, the forum name shows up again in the navigation pane. 

Is it possible to have the best of both worlds? Is there any way to get the recent posts to show in the header as well as be able to see my forum names in the navigation?
which plugin you are using and can we have your forum url ..
The plugin is called "Latest posts in sidebar" by Daniel M.
^ instead of global_start hook you have to use global_end hook
(2015-07-03, 04:39 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ instead of global_start hook you have to use global_end hook

That fixed the forums displaying in the navigation issue, but no longer allows the recent posts to show up in the header. Sad If you check the forum again now, you can see that it's broken in the sidebar.
^ oh! you can use global_intermediate hook
(2015-07-03, 05:53 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ oh! you can use global_intermediate hook

Perfect! Thank you very much!