MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Message on All Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had installed MyBB 1.1.5 so I'd be able to use the IPB 2.1.6 to MyBB 1.1.5 converter. Then, after it was finished converting, I went and upgraded MyBB to the latest version. Then, when I went to the index page, I got this message:

Quote:You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:
You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.

This shows up on every page whether you're logged in or not. The boards had worked fine before the upgrade to the latest version of MyBB.

If I try to login to the Admin Panel (which a link to no longer shows up when logged in), it tells me this:

Quote:You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in.
Please login below.

Any ideas on why this is happening/how to fix it?
We do not support unofficial converters. Moving to code modifications.
Oh, and I'd like to add that the Boards had worked fine before the upgrade, and that after the upgrade that message starting showing up. So, I'm not sure what went wrong...
If your using the same converter i used when importing from IPB then you will need to play around with your groups. They get mixed up after the import, so admins (in my case) were classed as banned members, which caused me to have the same error your getting.

You will need to put your admin URL path in the address path so you can log in, and then swap the groups about, to find out which is which.

The second error your getting is most probably down to you not being the root admin of the original board. I found this out the long way, you need to be root admin of both your old forum and new forum.
The Jackal Wrote:If your using the same converter i used when importing from IPB then you will need to play around with your groups. They get mixed up after the import, so admins (in my case) were classed as banned members, which caused me to have the same error your getting.

You will need to put your admin URL path in the address path so you can log in, and then swap the groups about, to find out which is which.

The second error your getting is most probably down to you not being the root admin of the original board. I found this out the long way, you need to be root admin of both your old forum and new forum.

Thanks, but even if I make myself a root admin in the IPB SQL Backup, it still doesn't work. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait till I get accepted into the MyBB Merge Beta and then convert it then.

Thanks, anyways
Want some advice....convert the IPB 2 to phpbb2 then convert to Mybb. It's your best bet imho...I done this a few times with ipb and pun. It's not been too much of a hassle really.
Speedboxer Wrote:Thanks, but even if I make myself a root admin in the IPB SQL Backup, it still doesn't work. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait till I get accepted into the MyBB Merge Beta and then convert it then.

Thanks, anyways

Did you try moving yourself into another group via the Admin Cp?