MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb sql error giving table crash error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My site: http://worldofdth.com

I am getting table crash errors on the main page. I tried optimise database from admin panel but the error is still here.

Any solution.
Quote:SQL Error: 2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
such errors are related to web server. contact your web host for fixing
I get this error:

[attachment=34579]
yes, Ad Bakker now i am getting these mysql errors now. how to fix the tables in the database.???
Please help.
When the table is really damaged, and cannot be repared, I see no other solution then restoring a backup.

But perhaps there is special repairing software. The technical people here will surely know, but I will also have a look.

EDIT
phpMyAdmin has a table repair option. Select the table and go to Operations - > Table repair.
It is worth a try, although I would expect that the same repair option was already executed when the error message appeared.

MyBB has an option (AdminCP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Optimize Database). Also worth trying.
I tried that tools and maintenance option but that didn't did anything. I checked that phpmyadmin thing but there is no option of table repair under operations tab. the options there are Create table, Rename database to:, Copy database to:, Collation: nothing else.
There must be things like Browse, SQL etc. With me this looks like this (note that More is a menu in which Operations ia a choice).

[attachment=34581]
(2015-07-05, 05:41 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]There must be things like Browse, SQL etc. With me this looks like this (note that More is a menu in which Operations ia a choice).

Checked but there is no such option anywhere.

Both mybb_posts and mybb_privatemessages tables are showing "in use" in collation in the database.
(2015-07-05, 05:58 PM)saini1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Checked but there is no such option anywhere.

Both mybb_posts and mybb_privatemessages tables are showing "in use" in collation in the database.

Regarding that last point, ask your host what this means.

When there comes no solution, restoring from backup is the only option left.
selected database and then selected the two tables and then selected check tables and after that one table mybb_privatemessages has started working but posts table is still not working. Trying repair option on it now.

Mybb_posts repair is not working and giving error:

operation failed.

Any fix for this?
Pages: 1 2