MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my bb layout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello - where can i locate the template file or pages where the layout is built/defined?

i want to change the layout so that it matches the rest of my site, but cant seem to find anything that defines a layout.....

would appreciate any help here
The layout of MyBB is controlled by the templates, which you can modify from the admin contol panel.

ACP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *Template Set Name* -> Expand.

By default, you should only see the global and default template sets. If you have installed any additional themes, then you may also see additional template sets. The default MyBB theme uses templates stored in the default template set, which you can modify to your liking, and revert back to the default if you should need to.
ok - i managed to find that - but its not making any real sense - i mean - i gotta edit every single template there to get it all to display right?

and what about the css? i dont see that there in the templates section, and my css folder is empty...

sorry for the questions - i am on the wiki too - but its extremely confusing.... just gives definitions of things and not propper how-to's

edit:

ok - i'v found the css area... grief - this is extremely confusing for me.....

anyhoo - which container do i put in the following?

background-image: url(http://www.greensidegolftravel.com/image...r-tile.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-position: left top;

i want that header-tile.jpg to tile at the top of my page - its not in the page container because that gets blocked off too.... i want it to tile accross the entire page....
nevermind - i managed to get it all.... thanks for the help!

just have the buttons to do now... but i think it looks good so far..

what do you guys think?
The theme looks quite nice Smile Great work.
I concur!
phalen Wrote:nevermind - i managed to get it all.... thanks for the help!

just have the buttons to do now... but i think it looks good so far..

what do you guys think?

Excellent work, it looks great! Smile
thanks guys Smile

now i hav to find the tables that hold the templates & themes, and make dups of them for the other sites, so the other sites can have their own themes....

i thought about having a whole bunch of themes, but i need to b able to apply a certain theme to a certain site. so duping has to happen, finding all the instances that call those tables and updating to new names for each sites files....

major work Big Grin

ok - so here's what i want to do:

i have only one template file that i want to duplicate for my sites (header).
and then the theme table.

how would i go about this?

edit: k - i'v had a look at the tables. i want to use one template set - but i want to hav different css themes

that would mean i hav to change the code on the .php files to call a specific css theme and header template.

header shouldnt b a problem....

but the css theme.... how do i tell it to use tid=8 ? and where would i do that?
Nice menu...
What do you refer too exactly by saying EACH SITE ?
i have different sites, and each site has its forum - but all post to same forum database - the only difference being the layout is different for each site.

so site A will hav its layout - and post to database 'forums', site B will hav its layout - and post to database 'forums' etc

many forum sites posting to a single database, but each forum has its own defined layout, that can not be changed by the user - and must be set (hard coded) by me - admin
Pages: 1 2