MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Statistics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of things about the board statistics that seem odd to me.

First, when someone registers the board statistics show them as being the newest member even though their membership hasn't been approved yet.
Second, when someone registers and they are banned immediately so their membership is never approved, the board statistics are showing them as being the newest member even though they are banned. I tried rebuilding caches related to banning but that didn't do any good.

Anyone have any insight into these problems?

Thanks.
I think you are right, in which case I classify it as a bug.
I tried it on my clean install of MyBB 1.8.5, and a new banned member is mentioned as newest member indeed.

I think I have traced the SQL query for that, and there are no conditions at all, this simply searches for the last registered member.

This can be repaired, but as far as I can see this is only possible by a change of a core php file or by a plugin which is called every time that the forum index is called, which is rather inefficient.

It is now too late to explore this further (11:35 pm). For now I'm closing down and get some sleep Sleepy
It's not a bug, the newest account is supposed to always be the newest account, no matter which groups it's in. If the user should disappear completely, deletion exists for a good reason and should be used instead of banning.

If you want, you can edit this query: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/e671c7....php#L2408 and in the 3rd argument include a usergroup NOT IN(5,7) conditional to skip the 2 groups you mentioned. It will start working after the next registration.
(2015-07-07, 11:43 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug, the newest account is supposed to always be the newest account, no matter which groups it's in. If the user should disappear completely, deletion exists for a good reason and should be used instead of banning.

If you want, you can edit this query: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/e671c7....php#L2408 and in the 3rd argument include a usergroup NOT IN(5,7) conditional to skip the 2 groups you mentioned. It will start working after the next registration.

The problem with deleting them is they just go ahead and re-register using the same user name but a different IP address every time. That's why I had to ban the user name rather than just deleting their membership.

Thanks for the tip on the query.
I've resolved the banning issue by using the "Disallowed User Names" feature. I can't believe I didn't see that earlier. Blush