MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can MyBB do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a client who I am helping to shop around for the right BB software for him.

Here is what he needs:

1) ability to set permissions for a "select" user group (80 people) to have the ability to MODERATE their own Original Posts
2) ban members by IP address, email address and screen name.
3) visitors must register to view images in posts.

I saw that MyBB has a lot of permissions abilities, but can all of the above be done?  I assume most BB software packages can do #2 and #3 but particularly #1 is the one I am concerned about.  Most I have seen only allow sub-forum moderation, not specifically the right to moderate one's own original posts.

Thanks,

Chris

I see a lot of views on this thread but does nobody know the answer?  I figured it would be pretty easy to answer for any of you experienced with using MyBB.

Chris
1) I believe a plugin would be needed for this. I think what you could do if you had a plugin made is to give the group a global moderator group without MCP/ACP access, and then could hook into the pre-moderation hooks to see if they're a group that's restricted to only performing moderation actions on their own posts.

2) Yep. ACP > Config > Banning is what you're looking for.

3) I think this would also need a plugin. There's a plugin to hide all of a post's content to guests, and so there's a chance it could be modified for this task, but it would require a considerable amount of changing.

Regarding your edit about views, by the way, a lot of them come from spiders like Googlebot and others, and so views don't necessarily mean real people. Wink
select user group users can moderate their own posts - it is through group permissions
[Image: 8iZXEY3.png]

without a plugin, attached images can be made visible only to logged in users.
external images & videos can be shown as links to guests.
[Image: nz1ZRXg.png]
OK, I get the idea. So we would need some custom plugin work to get done what we need for #1.

Seems like #2 is already built in.

And #3 seems to kinda be there. I'll have to ask client about having a link there and if that is adequate.

Thanks for the answers!