MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup in PHPMyAdmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^ you may PM me temporary access to your web host panel to check the issue
(2015-07-10, 03:16 AM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]@Ad Bakker I tried both GZIP compressed and plain text (tried both), download, and did structure and data. Also, the file size is for the GZ file is 1,497 KB, and the SQL file is 3,262 KB.

I don't know what the limits for .gz attachments are here, but probably it's 1 Gb, so that will not work. I will PM you my email address, can you then mail me the .gz file?
(2015-07-10, 03:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you may PM me temporary access to your web host panel to check the issue

How would I go about doing this? I am currently using 000webhost but only for the time being.
A short resumé of what happened:

I received a .gz compressed backup from SilentThief but I could not load that into my database. Strange enough, I could not manage to "unzip" it with several software tools on Apple OS X;
After that I received the uncompressed .sql backup. That loaded without problems.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34645]

I think that indicates that the problem lies with the host. But perhaps people of the technical staff have an idea?
(2015-07-14, 08:09 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]A short resumé of what happened:

I received a .gz compressed backup from SilentThief but I could not load that into my database. Strange enough, I could not manage to "unzip" it with several software tools on Apple OS X;
After that I received the uncompressed .sql backup. That loaded without problems.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34645]

I think that indicates that the problem lies with the host. But perhaps people of the technical staff have an idea?

Thank you. I have never had problems with this host in the past, but who knows.
No one else has a solution to this?
it is clear that there is a problem with your compressed database.
if you are using a free web host then uncompressed database might not get imported due to its size

it would be better to contact your web host & seek support
(2015-07-21, 03:53 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]it is clear that there is a problem with your compressed database.
if you are using a free web host then uncompressed database might not get imported due to its size

it would be better to contact your web host & seek support

That was also my conclusion, only the size will not be the problem. The .gz file was 1.5 Mb, the uncompressed .sql file 3.3 Mb.
Pages: 1 2