MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change look of the forum post(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to change what my forum looks like when a user post a new thread.

What my forum looks like right now here.
What I would like it to look like here.

Things I would like to be changed;
  • Avatar dimensions depending on what group the user is in. (Larger avatar for Moderators & Admins)
  • Would like the username and emblem/tag displayed below the avatar rather than above it. 
  • Would like the panel that shows the person that posted it and brief profile overview to the left of the thread instead of on top of it. 

Thank you in advance,
Codi
please put back powered by MyBB notice AND theme coder's copyright
bumppp
The 3rd point is solved by using classic view. The users can choose that themselves through

UserCP -> Edit Options -> check "Display posts in classic mode".

You can set that as the default in

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Show Thread Options -> Choose "Display posts using the classic layout"

The second point (name under avatar) is standard in classic view. When that has been changed for your theme you can simply change that in the template postbit_classic.

The 1-st point (avatar dimension) will require a plugin I fear.
(2015-07-11, 08:48 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]The 3rd point is solved by using classic view. The users can choose that themselves through

UserCP -> Edit Options -> check "Display posts in classic mode".

You can set that as the default in

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Show Thread Options -> Choose "Display posts using the classic layout"

The second point (name under avatar) is standard in classic view. When that has been changed for your theme you can simply change that in the template postbit_classic.

The 1-st point (avatar dimension) will require a plugin I fear.

Alright thank you and I have installed a plugin already to get the avatar dimensions to change depending on which group the user is in so I will just follow your instructions to get the rest of the stuff finished and will keep you updated, thank you!