MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Thread Buttons Redirect to Homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's an issue on our forum where posting new threads redirects directly to the homepage without posting. 

Same issue with the Preview Thread and Save Draft buttons. 

Upgraded to 1.8.5 and the issue is persisting. 

You can reply to threads and send PMs without issue it seems.
do you have wordpress / other CMS along with the forum ? can we have your forum url

run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)
Forum URL is http://realcmqforum.com

There are no other CMS or Wordpress installs on the server. It is just hosting the forum.

File verification did not turn up any issues.

It's a strange issue because it doesn't always happen and it is not happening for all users.

Seems like there might be an issue with the JS running when you submit the New Post forum or a similar issue.

Thanks for the help.
i was just about to start a thread like this when i saw Black Caesar's post, to save questions and answers being given twice i'd also like to report the same issue, if you'd prefer i could delete and make my own thread.

I've done some testing and as far as i can see if i post more than two URL links in a post it seems to redirect me and my users to the homepage, this however is only a theory, as it seems to have happened on other occasions, the problem Persists in Quick Edit and Full edit modes.
One test involved halving the post, with Two links it was successful, then i posted the last two it redirected me to the homepage.
After that i posted both individually and Merged them, this was successful but after attempting to edit the post i was sent back to the homepage.
This has also happened without links present. and at the moment post length isn't the matter, its currently set to Disabled.

After running what .m. suggested, file verification showed no anomalies, i'd like to point out that my board is a fresh install of Version 1.8.5

thank you in advance, Zor
looks like it is related to mod_security
can you contact your web host and ask if they have such security module - if so can they white-list your site from its rules
Looks like turning off mod_security is the solution.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Caesar