MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Website banner and navigation on MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, so sorry to ask again but I can't find a complete answer anywhere.

I want to show my standard website banner and website navigation buttons at the top of all pages at my site, including the forum pages.

If I understand correctly, I need to write some PHP such as:
$website_navigation .= "<a href='#'>My links and whatever and other stuff what have you</a>";
then add $website_navigation in templates.

What I don't get is where do I put the reference to the PHP variable so my site header and nav bar will show up on every MyBB page? It seems like I might have to add it to every page template (too much work).

If there is another way of doing it could someone let me know please. I've seen a few examples of this being done but I know very little HTML, and even less PHP or XHTML so can hardly guess how they did it.

I wondered if there was a way of putting the whole MyBB stuff in a 2 cell table and put my website header and nav bar in the top cell and MyBB in the lower cell. Also wondered if that was a sensible way of tackling the problem!

Thanks
You can actually just put "<a href='#'>My links and whatever and other stuff what have you</a>" straight into the header template Smile
Tikitiki Wrote:You can actually just put "<a href='#'>My links and whatever and other stuff what have you</a>" straight into the header template Smile

Thanks for the help, but I think it's not quite what I want. The stuff in the header template is still inside the surrounding grey box, so when I go from a regular page in the site to the forum there is a slight change in the layout (grey border above my banner and nav buttons).

I'd like to have my banner and nav bar at the very top of the page, identical to the rest of the site. Either the banner etc needs to be before the gray border, or I need to get rid of the grey border (at least at the top of the page).
Editing MyBB header and footer is so easy.. you can customize them to look the same as those used in your site, just edit the right templates.

You can go by also using the forums inside an iframe in your site, with the forums customized without the usually header, therefore your site's header will act as the header of the forums.